Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
OMWeather.

I love the interface and the ability to get weather for my current position (via GPS). Not sure if Foreca has that feature.
I guess that's a great feature. But if you're already there do you really need GPS to know the weather?
Like others, Foreca delivers what I need and I like the small footprint on the desktop.

Originally Posted by fareastcoast View Post
I guess that's a great feature. But if you're already there do you really need GPS to know the weather?
Yes, I have two city programmed (one where I live and one where I work) and third one is set on GPS so if I'm anywhere else (other than the two cities) I can see the current temp and forecast without specifically selecting a city. This is a great feature for anyone who travels.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
OMWeather is huge and white cause it was sabotaged by some nokia designer as I was told.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I use Foreca because of the smaller size as well. It's on my 'main' desktop where space is at a premium.

I was wondering the other day which widget consumes fewer resources when running, but never got around to testing... anyone know off hand?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Foreca here. Smaller footprint.

so does foreca have the gps feature? I cant find it in the app, but maybe I am overlooikng something..

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
1. What do you use, and what do you like better, and why?
Foreca ? or OMWeather ??
Foreca. It is smaller. And OMWeather doesn't contain the town where I live in.
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
2. how do you organize your desktops???
I have a "main" with media player and foreca widget, a "contacts" with my favourite friends, family & gf (and shortcuts to contacts app and conversations), and a "web" which has bookmarks and some misc stuff. On the fourth, I had the Calendar and a conversations inbox, but it wasn' of much use, so I disabled the fourth desktop alltogether.

I currently use Foreca, but I'm not happy with either.

What I want is a widget that will display both current conditions and the forecast for the current day. Neither of these widgets seem to do this: if it's Friday morning, Foreca forecasts begin with Saturday. OMWeather is harder to understand; I think it sometimes shows current conditions and sometimes today's forecast, but never both.

I'd be very happy to find out I'm wrong about this, so if anyone can provide directions to make either of these widgets do what I want, I'll be very grateful.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I use Foreca's widget but as an app I use Qt Weather

IMO its the best looking app for weather and it reminds me how awesome N900 can be with proper software

Take a look

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Paris
Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
I'd be very happy to find out I'm wrong about this, so if anyone can provide directions to make either of these widgets do what I want, I'll be very grateful.
I use the Foreca widget and it seems to be working the way you want for me. I am unable to configure it in such a way that reproduces the behavior you describe though.

Mine shows the current conditions on top and then 4 days forecasts underneath this. The first of those days being the prediction for today. what do you see?

The Following User Says Thank You to DeargDoom For This Useful Post: