Active Topics

If you cancel the contract, you have to return the phone. Also, because you are cancelling the contract, you can't keep the number either.

well you dont need vodafone to breach their conditions to do that, you can do that anytime, return the handset or pay the early termination fee

if they are in breach or increase their charges without your agreement you can cancel the contract and keep the phone

So if they've violated the contract, which they have, I can cancel the contract and keep the phone?

it's open to debate whether they've breached the contracts... it seems possible that if they charge you for data and that increases your bill by more than 10% you can cancel and yes in that case you can keep your phone

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Midget010 View Post
So if they've violated the contract, which they have, I can cancel the contract and keep the phone?
I believe you have to prove somehow that with the new charges you're in a disadvantageous position and that it negatively affects you+your bill. Then you can cancel.

Well I had them on the phone earlier ready to cancel my contract. I convinced the guy to do it. However, he told me that if I were to cancel the contract, I would lose my phone. Reading here, and reading through my contract, it now seems to be a lie. I will be having strong words with them tomorrow (or today even, it's almost 1 ).

well now Pr1.2 is out i am goign to try and cancel Vodafone are really bad i wish i had stayed with O2 but at the time they didnt have the N900.
typically they got the phone a month or so after i had cancelled. a joke on their part as well mind you.

This is just added ammo for my rant

Well got the PR1.2 update and missed a called from the Directors office at Vodafone as the 3G signal I "forced" the phone to use dropped as I dared to move the bloody thing!

Anyways, they have my emails (so far unanswered) to the CEO and Directors office and I will get a call tomorrow.

Hmmmmm.......

Originally Posted by smartieroadie View Post
Well got the PR1.2 update and missed a called from the Directors office at Vodafone as the 3G signal I "forced" the phone to use dropped as I dared to move the bloody thing!

Anyways, they have my emails (so far unanswered) to the CEO and Directors office and I will get a call tomorrow.

Hmmmmm.......
Hey, where did you find the email address for the CEO and Directors office; do you mind posting them (or a link)?

Cheers

Seeing as they were available on another forum I'll post them underneath.

My phone conversation wasn't brilliant. Essentially Lisa in the Directors office agrees that I disagree with them and their definition of unlimited and change in contract but they will not allow any penalty free cancellation.

From 01/06 they will text you when you go over and on the 3rd month phone you to see if a different tarriff may help. You may be able to cancel at that point but will be down to Senior Management discretion.

I've told her I'm not paying any more and that my contract has never stated charges. I've also explained I am not limiting or restricting my use because of this either and will await their call.

See found it amusing that my usage has suddenly increased since this and I encourage others to use as much as they like as it's only now they are bothering to clamp down!! Grrr. Not happy. Roll on 21/01/11 when they won't be suprised I'm not staying!

vittorio.colao@vodafone.com
guy.laurence@vodafone.com

and

vodafonedirectorsoffice@gb.vodafone.co.uk

Enjoy!

Tags
vodafone con