Posts: 68 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Lynnwood, WA
Originally Posted by iball View Post
I'd rather Nokia give all of us current N800 owners a chance to "upgrade" to the new 800 at a reduced price.
Aah, this is what you were talking about in another thread where we had a little discussion about the usage of the N800... Great news. I'll probably be one of the first to buy this new WiMax-enabled N800 once it becomes avaiable for Sprint!

Registered Linux User: #281828
Fedora Core 6 / Nokia N800

I'd rather have a usable email client than support for an essentially non-existent wireless network, but that's just one little bear's opinion.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ United States
We'll have to see what kind of WiMax data plans Sprint comes out with. I'm frankly much more skeptical of them being above-board, particularly with the fast move they pulled with disabling BT DUN in their June Treo 700p update. Thanks to the hackers for keeping Sprint honest.

With that said, I can't see myself paying $50/mo for stand-alone Internet. I'm already carrying two devices - Treo and N800 - and as long as Sprint stops trying to mince weasel-words with their contractual obligations, I'm cool. After all, I'll always need a phone and I'll always need mobile Internet access; the degree of overlap between hardware matters less to me than the impact on my pocketbook.

-------------------------------------

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
launch time frame, no HSDPA, (re)confirmed

http://www.redherring.com/Home/22732

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by stevenf View Post
I'd rather have a usable email client than support for an essentially non-existent wireless network, but that's just one little bear's opinion.
Come to Canada. WiMax covers almost the entire country.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Come to Canada. WiMax covers almost the entire country.
WiMax is also used now in Alaska, just a few Clearwire cities in continental US, and several other countries other than US. Since it's still early stage, there has not been much discussion about compatibilities but they may become an issue. Hopefully the Internet Tablet will work with most of the different network variants.

The launch of the N800 successor is tied to the Sprint WiMax network, so at least we americans know we won't be left behind on Nokia's WiMax tablet like we were for their 3G phones.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Greetings:

Would anyone know if this New Nokia WiMax N800 will have a different design?

Will it have a slide out keyboard
Will it have a 3.2 megapixel Camera and Webcam, with Carl Zeiss lens?

Now that would be a dream come true.

Regards Robert

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by RobMtl007 View Post
Greetings:
New Nokia WiMax N800
Robert, you answered your own question.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Certainly there's a possibility it could have different features, but so far the only one revealed is the WiMAX.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This caused me to realize that Cell phones are a temporary phenomenon! When everyone is carrying little computers, they might have some sort of cell phone attachment, but it will be stupid to have a cell phone that doesn't do everything. N800s are seen by Nokia as the wave of the future, when cell phones are no longer.