Notices

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by pine View Post
I'll check it. That's what I've wanted to get form the community - obviously I cannot try all 100+ maps myself BTW, why are changing rc file directly? You can change default map from app menu.
i checked the desktop version. unfortunately, it crashs too ...

Blues

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
When trying to load Madrid.pmz map, it stalled at 50% in "parsing map data".
Once restarted, the default map was changed in the rc file to Madrid, and the application crashes immediately.

The default maps work like a charm.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
BTW, why are changing rc file directly? You can change default map from app menu.
I don't see any option to chage default map in the app menu? I have "to"/"from", "map", "time of a day", "zoom", "time delta", "about" and "compact view" (8 buttons) when I select the app menu form title bar? Again, I feel I'm missing something obvious here - is there another menu in the app that I don't see?

EDIT - D'oh! I have d/loaded the extras-testing version 0.1.2b rather than the new -devel one. Sorry :-(

Last edited by Pigro; 2010-05-24 at 09:51.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
When trying to load Madrid.pmz map, it stalled at 50% in "parsing map data".
Once restarted, the default map was changed in the rc file to Madrid, and the application crashes immediately.

The default maps work like a charm.
+1... i'm also still getting stuck in the city selection menu...

You're welcome
What do you mean exactly by resume? I don't think that I get the idea.
Sorry for my english, I mean a summary.
Something like in this application:
Metro (http://metro.nanika.net):

If you see in the "Route search" screen (http://metro.nanika.net/fvc/MetroWM-en.html) a summary of the planned route is shown:

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Earth
Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
In theory, you can simply download these and install them yourself from the URL in the 1st post. The "about" page in the app instructs you to place downloaded maps in /opt/metromap/data. Not sure if Madrid etc. currently exist on http://metromap.antex.ru - as it's all in Russian (can't see an English version) and so it's hard for non-russian speakers to work out how to locate maps of interest :-( I guess you speak some Russian - can you advise if there is an english language option on that website ?
Maps are available from pmetro.su/Maps.html, not from antex.ru. You can use tips from posts below your for Russian language navigations. I have distant plans to implement map downloader in MetroMap, but not in next release.

Moving on, I just installed this and a few points:

1) I changed from Moscow to London. The change took a very long time (seemed like several minutes ... at least long enough for the screen lock to kick in a couple of times) while "London" was highlighted as my choice but the option list didn't dissapear (and if I tried to click on the blurred background it would flip back to Moscow).
Have you waited till city selection menu disappearance or you clicked outside of it?

2) I eventually left it in peace and it did load up London - but the title bar still says Moscow

3) I think I may be very dumb, but having entered a random to/from journey, the app has put a dotted red line around both stations on the map, but I can't se any option to calculate a route (and there is nothing like the screenshot where an estimated journey time is shown). What am I missing?
Strange things... Could you pls submit a bug at https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?at...40&func=browse and attach your ~/.metromap directory archived?

The Following User Says Thank You to pine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Earth
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
i checked the desktop version. unfortunately, it crashs too ...

Blues
Desktop version supports only old maps format at the moment. I'm not desktop version developer

@pine - thanks for replying - but I've edited my posts because I just realised that I've downloadd the -testing version 0.1.2b rather than the new 0.1.3 -devel version you just put in the repositories. I assume that expalins my issues, sorry for the confusion.

I have distant plans to implement map downloader in MetroMap, but not in next release.
Awesome! Can't wait for it.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
just to be clear... Madrid map is getting stuck after 50% parsing and not going anywhere else after that... right?