Active Topics

Has anybody seen an equalizer for the Nokia to adjust treble and bass?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Lynnwood, WA
Originally Posted by buchinho View Post
Has anybody seen an equalizer for the Nokia to adjust treble and bass?
An excellent question! I've been wondering about the exact same thing. The bass is way too weak, and the treble is way too strong... at least for me.
Registered Linux User: #281828
Fedora Core 6 / Nokia N800

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Anywhere but here
Does Mplayer not have an EQ? I don't remember. How much do we know about the sound processor? You could write an app that could do with with pure cpu but that might not be too feasable considering the power of the tablets.

Originally Posted by FirebirdFeuervogel View Post
Does Mplayer not have an EQ? I don't remember. How much do we know about the sound processor? You could write an app that could do with with pure cpu but that might not be too feasable considering the power of the tablets.
You mean mplayer, not the built-in media player? I don't know, maybe it does, but I for one would like to use the built-in media player because mplayer seems to be a resource hog. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Anywhere but here
Well the built in media player doesn't have an eq so the way i see it, possibly the wrong way, is that there are two options. One is, I seem to remember there being a thing on my old gentoo box that would interface with the sound card and you could set things like that. The other way would be to write a new media playing application with an eq, which would probably be resource intensive too. Hopefully someone else has more of a clue than me about this, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Originally Posted by FirebirdFeuervogel View Post
Well the built in media player doesn't have an eq so the way i see it, possibly the wrong way, is that there are two options. One is, I seem to remember there being a thing on my old gentoo box that would interface with the sound card and you could set things like that. The other way would be to write a new media playing application with an eq, which would probably be resource intensive too. Hopefully someone else has more of a clue than me about this, I'm just throwing stuff out there.
Oh no, please don't get me wrong. I do appreciate your advice. I just got a bit frustrated when I learned the built-in media player had no equalizer - which strikes me as strange because a multimedia device has GOT to have an equalizer. My apologies if I sounded offensive to you.