Is Pr 1.2 What you Expected?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
Vote!

Is PR 1.2 the firmware of ypur dreams?

there is no poll...

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
Is there now. Sorry... Slow system

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's about the same as the leaked version, in't it?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Considering I had no expectations at all, I'm happy with the update. Oh and the Application manager is pretty fast now.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
I don't know about the leaked version, but the extra functionality as outlined in the changelogs seems to be evident.

I don't see how anyone who has actually invested some time reading up on this update could feel cheated, but even I can't help feeling slightly underwhelmed!

I hope there will be noticeable improvements in power management but that is hard to prove to yourself. I have always found my N900 to be stable and smooth and use the device within its capabilities rather than pining for what it is not.

Looking ahead, I really hope we'll see apps ported to Maemo 5 now Qt is enabled. I'd like more customisation of the interface, better email services and more Facebook and Twitter clients.

Most of all, I'd like to see Nokia put its money where its mouth is and port fully functional Nokia Maps with voice guidfance and a re-routing engine - it should be fairly easy if you believe their hype.

C'mon Nokia - lead from the front!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Well yes - we all knew since a while what will be in there and what not. So - it's what I expected - yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to HugoSon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Skype Videocall has been confirmed again
It can't go wrong with full Skype suport, can it?!
All things I value about common internet usage as well as in a consumer communication device these days are supported now by the N900

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham
its not as good as i expected but i suspected that it wouldn't be as good as i expected so therefore it is exactly what i expected.

does that make any sense?

i use skype and videocall for some time now but skype and the way the info is loaded and used is far from stable, even with the official 1.2

Most of the time buttons like skype chat and video calls are disapearing avatar picture sometimes fails. and there is no good option to block or add contacts.

Videocalls are not always working or get a black screen. i always get an internal error when connected to wifi, then switch to UMTS and the try to make a call with skype. only thing what works then is rebooting the n900. else video calls wont work anymore.

Allot needs to be improved before all these options are usable... i really hoped it would have been fixed with the new 1.2 official release but it isnt.

Also the thumbnail bug in the gallery is still not fixed in the 1.2 version. i still get broken thumbs from pictures i just made.

battery still drains in a few hours with heavy use while the HTC with 1 ghz snapdragon can easily get 1 day with same usage. maybe after PR50.1 it will all be fixed.