How much "free space in rootfs" is required before you start upgrading to PR 1.2..?

Originally Posted by Luke Valentine View Post
Yeah, I realised I was been a dunce! 75mb now, still uninstalling some bits...
75mb is really good, you should be fine with that, im at 58.6mb and im confident that when OTA is rolled out for all us on the global fw variant it will be plenty.

Hope i dont have to wait too long, cant use flasher 3.5 as my laptop is totaly f**ked

people, is it save to use "apt-get dist-upgrade" with this one?

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Well I've managed to get it to 77mb, which has left my phone a little bare, but it still refuses to do it OTA. Nokia suite still tells me I have the current software.

I might read into Flasher 3.5 which i havent dealt with before, but i was hoping that i'd be able to do it like via the proper OTA way. It shows in the updates, I cant quite understand why its refusing to install.

Ok, looks like im in business. It took 58.1mb rootfs free for me to get past the "update via PC" block, currently downloading OTA

Edit: In regards to the post above ^^, 77mb is more than enough, there must be another issue there..

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
good guess......... or ??
...just a good guess ..i was so anxiously wating for the update . that i knew the day it would release i woudn't be able to install it ...gonna be away from home for the next 2 weeks .. gotta wait till the 9th to reflash the whole thing .. start from scratch but with the pr1.2

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Does anyone can confirm that you can search applications in application launcher menu by typing just something? Mine does not work.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

so do you flash the pr1.2 first then the emmc update 2nd?

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
You don't need to flash the eMMC at all.

After updating to PR1.2 OTA this morning @ 10am, I now have a load of updates for facebook stuff (the widget, sharing, photo uploader etc.) as well as for quickPanorama. Installing now ... wonder if this will cure the facebook problem without need to set user agent?

EDIT - yup, after these updates, I can now hit the full facebook site WITHOUT a custom user agent

Last edited by Pigro; 2010-05-25 at 11:44.