Active Topics

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
God bless Nokia and deliver it from those that hate it. Nokia 4 ever.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...858#post674858
Read the above and tell me that Nokia haven't just admitted they are removing support for the N900?

They actually say why Meego isn't going to the N900 and it is.
"It’s really about ensuring that you have the best possible experience designed for the features on your Nokia N900 device."

So the best possible experience is to stop support, (not that there was any) and supply a phone which has millions of threads detailing the shortcomings. From hardware without software to the obvious lack of functionality.

Nokia 4 ever????? Keep taking the pills

Well i felt better soon after, her HTC desire went through the nearest wall!

*chuckles*

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norfolk, UK
YAY! Just sat playing around with my N900 and all of a sudden i spot an exclaimation mark. clicked it and it said Maemo update! its only my 5th day with the phone and they released PR1.2. I havent been too fussed about the update as im still excited about owning the N900, but now its here im like "YAY!"

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Does anyone can confirm that you can search applications in application launcher menu by typing just something? Mine does not work.
Just click on a category and then type in application name at the keyboard or something.

Click on ALL and it will find anything in the repos!

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester - United Kingdom
has anyone tried logging into the new integrated Facebook chat? mine just keeps saying invalid username/password, if yours works, can you post the settings in the advanced section in case i accidentally changed something!

p.s. username is your e-mail correct?

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Before posting that i expect that you have tried to reboot your device couple of times?
yea i did, i aint a complete penis!! it seens ti be getting better tho!! POW

Originally Posted by Phill View Post
So... if I mention Vodafone UK (205) at this point, will you all point and laugh at me seeing as they've not even signed off on the last update yet?

Seriously, Voda - pull your fingers out, please?
Seriously man don't wait on voda, learn how to use the flasher 3.5 tool, (well worth doing anyway so you can rescue your n900 if ever anythimg goes wrong)
and flash to uk generic or global fw versions.

If you want to update your fw straight away use uk generic fw,

If you can wait a bit (tomorrow at the latest) then use the global fw.

Ironicaly, the reason i went to the global version was because i was worried that the uk would be the last to get the update again, i guess thats why they made the uk first this time.

Using the flasher 3.5 tool is something i would advise any n900 owner to learn how to do, there are lots of guides knocking around, and being able to flash the fw & doing regular backups makes moding your n900 and using extra's testing/devel and third party repo's much safer,
because you'll be able to recover from almost any disaster.

Last edited by matts76; 2010-05-25 at 12:19.

Originally Posted by Matthaus View Post
What a bad day for my GF to crack my LCD
The hardest part i must add was then for 3 hours trying to type in my boot security code 'blind' to get it to boot to then get it into pc suite mode to take a backup!

'Clear apt cache' and 'Remove unused dependencies' did the trick for me to get update OTA.

Downloading now, hopefully installing soon.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by mwrf View Post
Ex-Girlfriend surely?
Haha maybe it shouldn't be taken quite that seriously!