Originally Posted by llaadd View Post
If you have the extra's devel catalogue installed, there is an update in there (1.1.1) which fixes this issue.
nice one, you are a life saver. on a side note i notice my free rootfs went up by 21mb when i updated
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

Updated OTA without any issues via 3G, had about 51MB free in root.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
All back to normal now, theme and wallpaper, all my transitions ect. I havent noticed many big differences, the back key's position in the browser threw me a few times, and the lack of screen tearing is nice, but nothing major.

I cant ever see a 1.3 happening, so lets make the most of this one!

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
you need a lot of spare rootfs space to download ota. check the wiki on here for some tips. for me disabling all the repo's except the standard nokia ones freed up enough to do it.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

just plug my mobile into my computer backed up all ma stuff. went to update nokia software says i dont have an update. but i can see it in my app manager every time i click to update it says i need to plug into my computer done that tryed to update same thing. :S same was so excited to. ill keep trying and let you guys know what happend.

what did others have to do to update? i remember last updates being easyer then this.

Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
From what ive read you'll need at least 58mb free for ota to work, have you dissabled all the application catalouges except the nokia ones?
yep already done that, i looked up how to free space but im not confident enough to start executing terminal commands, any other way of freeing up space?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "OTA updates realy?" with four posts has been merged into this thread. Please do not create new threads for each angle and aspect of the PR1.2 update experience. The site would be overrun.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Ra few pages back dude, a few of us have had to reinstall the previous firmware again using the nokia software updater, then the OTA 1.2 update works fine. Just takes a bit longer. Make sure you back up first!

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hi, I've flashed my N900 to PR1.2 using http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php. Have not had time to check everything yet, except trying to setup exchange email....with private certificate.. but alas, it does not work yet. Will do some troubleshooting later on tonight. Hopefully will get it working....

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Ok.. a friend's phone with more free root space (55meg ish) couldn't upgrade.. said he needed to use usb/pc

Freeing space not the issue as I had far less

however, some magic depedency tracking scripts revealed:

gltron requires libgles1
libgles1 requires libgles1-sgx-img
libgles1-sgx-img requires opengles-sgx-img-common SPECIFIC VERSION: 0.20091104.6.1+0m5

That version of opengles-sgx-img-common is not in PR1.2.. a later version is.. so removing gltron and its depedencies let my colleague install (except his battery is now too low!)

It seems it freed up that dependency on libgles1-sgx-img which would've been broken after the PR1.2 update..

So.. if you have GLtron installed.. scrub it off.. and maybe reinstall afterwards..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpitchford For This Useful Post: