Notices

Hi folks,

Yes, we have released 2 updates to the extras-devel repository, hoping to get some testing before we make it generally available, see:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=354

The second update (10alpha1-3 posted yesterday) has one additional crash fix when typing URLs. Any other improvements you think you see is all in your head.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get the package promoted into extras-testing. If anyone has any useful information on why, please post a reply to my question here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53544

/ohrn

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
New PR 1.2 feature symbols/numbers via long press doesn't work. Please "fix" that, very usefull feature.

Anyways looking good so far and can't wait for the coming updates.

Last edited by jmk; 2010-05-25 at 07:14.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
Hi folks,

Yes, we have released 2 updates to the extras-devel repository, hoping to get some testing before we make it generally available, see:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=354

The second update (10alpha1-3 posted yesterday) has one additional crash fix when typing URLs. Any other improvements you think you see is all in your head.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get the package promoted into extras-testing. If anyone has any useful information on why, please post a reply to my question here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53544

/ohrn
Nokia already told they wont offer MeeGo for us and I understand you're testing Opera pretty much for the same reason but please don't leave us with half finished product

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i notice that when i access a drop down list or similar, a cancel button stays in the upper left corner until i access a text input area.

also, when i use the minimalist theme on this forum it is rendered overly broad.

Last edited by tso; 2010-05-25 at 10:58.

Anybody know how to change the user agent? I searched for "agent" and "useragent" in this thread, but didn't find any postings.

Thanks!

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
Anybody know how to change the user agent? I searched for "agent" and "useragent" in this thread, but didn't find any postings.

Thanks!
That's currently not possible (by design). Out of curiosity, why do you want to do that?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
I've not been around in a while, and totally missed this post. Am a very happy dude, and am reconsidering an n900 even more now. Opera on here is a very good thing.

Opera is working perfect on my n810, no problems at all the only thing i want to change is doble click zooming insted of one click, by the way copy/paste works perfect.
thank you

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Our builds aren't being promoted to extras-testing for unknown reasons, so we've decided to skip that part for now, and we've pushed the new build (10alpha1-3~fremantle0 and 10alpha1-3~diablo0) to our own repository.

This contains the same changes as the builds that have been on extras-devel for the last few days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahockersten For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by ednunez70 View Post
Opera is working perfect on my n810, no problems at all the only thing i want to change is doble click zooming insted of one click, by the way copy/paste works perfect.
thank you
yea, that zoom thing is a bit nuts. Especially when you know from other browsers that the page your looking at is fully capable of fitting inside 800 wide without the need to zoom out, as long as some lines are reflowed (even funnier when the text is reflowed, to fit when zoomed in, while the layout itself is, basically, "ultra wide").

the opera zoom behavior may work on a device that has a portrait screen. But for landscape it makes much less sense. Especially when its nearly impossible to scroll the text when zoomed in, as the scrolling ends up going to one side or other so one must stop at realign before continuing to scroll.

and dont get me started on the dpad mouse pointer...

all this while using opera on a N800, btw.

Tags
fast browser, opera