Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I love you Nokia! Releasing this on my birthday!!

im so happy!

At first when i went to application manager, there was no update (saaaaaad face) then i realised i disabled OS Updates repo (Facepalm), then i had PR1.2 ( face)

downloading update nao

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester,UK
why does my phone say i need to update using nokia suite??? can i not do it over the air??

App update icon appeared on my N900 before midday (London). I went and found some WiFi, expecting it to be a big download. Downloaded and installed - probably took about 30 mins in total. Re-booted and everything seems to be as expected. Some things are smoother, browser is nice in portrait, all apps and FM Boost still there.
The device was bought direct from Nokia in January, and I assume it is a UK build.
If I get back to my car and find the Bluetooth connects I will be over the moon - but I'm not hoping, knowing how bad Bluetooth is!
Overall, nice update process: totally faultless, expectations met, incremental improvement to the N900.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Originally Posted by ashyk36 View Post
why does my phone say i need to update using nokia suite??? can i not do it over the air??
Same here looking for a solution because pc suite says im on the latest software LOL.

Guys, i need some help so im hoping you fellas can sort me out,

I've had today the update come up (Which i was really happy about) for the new pr1.2 in application updater,

When trying to install this it forwards me on to a message saying use the nokia software updater,

I did this and it says i already have the latest, would you like to reinstall or click here if you want to check for updates (Using the code input.)

Now i did try a reinstall and its 179 meg (Is that right?) but after the download and updating process it failed (Says dont use USB hubs you tool!) and ima like (Wat ya shmokin maaan), but anyway it failed, after the first restart the device completely froze loading maemo however ripping the battery out, holding power for 30 seconds and popping it back in has me sorted (Thank god.)

Im in the UK, on vodaphone, Do i get this update?

And if so, is the updater working for other people?

Oops just saw the above comments haha,

Im on win 7 too if that helps, pro 64.

So ineed a fresh install of current firmware using NSU?

Then to try update over the air?

Last edited by Catacylsm; 2010-05-25 at 16:08.

I assume the upgrade is from the Nokia System Software Update repo. Could someone who has successfully upgraded OTA post their settings for that repo as as yet I'm seing nowt.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester,UK
Originally Posted by Missingbyte View Post
Same here looking for a solution because pc suite says im on the latest software LOL.
yesss same as me.ill let u no if i find a solution

The Following User Says Thank You to ashyk36 For This Useful Post:
tablets-dev.nokia.com already has the GLOBAL variant of PR1.2 available.
Downloading now and then flashing with flasher.
Is it safe?

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
Guys, i need some help so im hoping you fellas can sort me out,

I've had today the update come up (Which i was really happy about) for the new pr1.2 in application updater,

When trying to install this it forwards me on to a message saying use the nokia software updater,

I did this and it says i already have the latest, would you like to reinstall or click here if you want to check for updates (Using the code input.)

Now i did try a reinstall and its 179 meg (Is that right?) but after the download and updating process it failed (Says dont use USB hubs you tool!) and ima like (Wat ya shmokin maaan), but anyway it failed, after the first restart the device completely froze loading maemo however ripping the battery out, holding power for 30 seconds and popping it back in has me sorted (Thank god.)

Im in the UK, on vodaphone, Do i get this update?

And if so, is the updater working for other people?

Oops just saw the above comments haha,

Im on win 7 too if that helps, pro 64.
If I've got this right I think you need to flash not using Nokia Software Updater but with Maemo Flasher, which unfortunately doesn't play nice with 64 bit Windows. There are quite a few reasons why Over The Air flashing may not work, battery level being one of them. Have a look at this page on installing firmware:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Last edited by D4rKlar; 2010-05-25 at 16:26.

well i have 3 32 bit xp pro machines i could use?

Also a win 7 32 bit machine,

If i was to use maemo flasher whats the warrenty like on this thing, will i loose it?