Active Topics

The steps on how to flash the n900 in the wiki seems too confusing. And it can lead to people bricking their device. Could someone post step by step on how to flash the os and emmc? And also what firmware should a person download?

The Following User Says Thank You to libaax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by libaax View Post
The steps on how to flash the n900 in the wiki seems too confusing. And it can lead to people bricking their device. Could someone post step by step on how to flash the os and emmc? And also what firmware should a person download?
too confusing?

just read it through with a thought. it is as simple as it gets. if you don't get it just use NSU (look at the wiki....)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Can someone help me out. I have been trying to flash my n900 all day and I can't get to work for me. I followed the all steps on the wiki and I keep on getting "RX-51: %m" in the command window. Help me please

Originally Posted by libaax View Post
Can someone help me out. I have been trying to flash my n900 all day and I can't get to work for me. I followed the all steps on the wiki and I keep on getting "RX-51: %m" in the command window. Help me please
You will need to tell us more information:
Flasher installed on .....
Download the image and put it on ",,,,,"
this is the command that i run ......

Yeah I am running Window xp.
I was able to get it flashed finally...But what happened is when I flashed the os the phone did not reboot and also when I flashed emmc the computer is started reinstalling the drivers.....is that supposed to happen?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
I've reflashed the firmware on my device more than a few times in the past few months, from my Linix desktop machine. I've never had a problem. Reflashed to the US version of PR1.2, again no problem. Attempted to reflash the eMMC with the latest file and got a size mismatch error. Re-downloaded the file and got a file with a different byte size the second time. That one worked fine. I wonder if the other folks reporting eMMC problems are hitting the same issue. Maybe there was something weird with the site or the source file for a small window of time. Just speculation. I'd advise trying to download the file again.

I live in the usa and i used the global firmware....should i have used the usa firmware?

My command prompt is stuck at Suitable USB device not found, waiting. Can someone help? Thanks!

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
Originally Posted by aiyush View Post
My command prompt is stuck at Suitable USB device not found, waiting. Can someone help? Thanks!

Check this out ! https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4955

The Following User Says Thank You to deter3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deter3 View Post
Check this out ! https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4955
Thanks, though I don't know what exactly to do now. What happens if I just remove and replace the battery and reboot?