Active Topics

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Stopped using my N900 as a phone (on Verizon now) so use my N900 as a media, MAME, console emulator and Flash game player.

I do not even use the browser on wifi now, since a lot of Flash sites stopped working on the N900, but work on my Incredible due to Flash Lite 4 being 10.1 complaint. Still, I saved a BUNCH of Flash games that work well on the N900 and need the keyboard and/or mouse functions.

If Flash performance is the same or better, I will probably update, but I have seen posts that performance is worse.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
The only flash site I visit is youtube and the videos seem to work much smoother as well as the whole browser and phone.

Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
The only flash site I visit is youtube and the videos seem to work much smoother as well as the whole browser and phone.
I am afraid that youtube does not use flash anymore. They use HTML5-based streaming since some weeks ago.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fhofer View Post
I am afraid that youtube does not use flash anymore. They use HTML5-based streaming since some weeks ago.
Erm, I just right clicked on a video on YouTube and it said Adobe Flash Player, in my case, FP 10.

Try it, you can do the same.

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Firefox 3.6.3

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by fhofer View Post
Utter garbage.

YouTube encode their videos in multiple formats - they added H.264 (HTML5) some time ago, and recently added VP8/WebM. This is all in addition to Flash format. YouTube then serve up whatever format is most suitable for your browser, with Flash usually being the lowest common denominator.

Flash performace is very subjetive

it stress the device to its limits, so it changes the smoothness with background tasks, multiple im accounts, mfe and so on.

A good adobe flash device its a recently flashed one with no-apps and no-config but with power-kernel at 850.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
So probably no reason for me to update and risk messing my N900 up from what I have now. Already plays MAME great, three of my favorite games on PSX play great, media player is fine and I only use Flash for launching games in file manager. I also have OC'd for max of 800mhz when needed.

Thanks! No update for me If we ever get Flash 10.1, I will update. if not, no harm no foul Then again if a PSX emu is released with GPU support, I will update if needed.