Originally Posted by mothmanex View Post
Here are some bugs I have found so far...

2.- On the "Phone" app, putting the app to start on portait mode doesn't work.
Can you explain this some more? I haven't experienced this

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Nairobi, Kenya
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Sorry if this is already mentioned (tried to search and run through this thread).

Did you people lose the ability to sort the application list in app manager (alphabetically or by size of the app) with PR1.2? My app list is sorted by the size of the app and I can't find a way to sort it alphabetically. This is really irritating. How to fix?
I also haven't got a way to sort but once you go into any of the categories under Downloads, you can type e.g. a, to access all applications starting with A etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to engige For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico, Monterrey.
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Ok, here is my experience...

I updated my phone via "Nokia Software Updater".

After that, I opened the "Phone" app, and it started in landscape mode, so I decided to go to options, and I turned of the "turning" and put it as "portait" as defualt. After that, I closed the app, and open it again, and it opened in landscape mode again. After playing with the setting, the turning is still working and it always starts in landscape mode.

Once I get a important call, I will reboot my phone and update about the problems.

Originally Posted by mothmanex View Post
Ok, here is my experience...

I updated my phone via "Nokia Software Updater".

After that, I opened the "Phone" app, and it started in landscape mode, so I decided to go to options, and I turned of the "turning" and put it as "portait" as defualt. After that, I closed the app, and open it again, and it opened in landscape mode again. After playing with the setting, the turning is still working and it always starts in landscape mode.

Once I get a important call, I will reboot my phone and update about the problems.
That's weird.

Sometimes it starts in landscape but after a second or less, it switches to portrait.Try rebooting and see what happens

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
^
|| Hard reset.
I also don't know how to do a hard reset. Anyone willing to post some instructions?

This PR1.2... I've encounter reboot issues (boot count) which I've never experience before during PR1.1 and PR1.1.1.

And btw, OM Weather widget have some problem with the Desktop customization.

MicroB geolocation provider doesn't appear to be working any longer. Testing with google maps desktop/mobile and easypark. Just get the sites respective error messages.

Had geolocation working dandy on PR1.1.1. Wasn't able to do an OTA, so I reflashed rootfs and the emmc to get to PR1.2, and then restored from a backup on a memory card.

Anyone else experiencing/confirm?

edit: uninstalled geolocation 1.1.3 through the microb addons manager, then did an apt-get install --reinstall microb-geolocation, and it installed 1.1.5. Now it's working fine. Weird weird weird. Not sure if removing the addon through MicroB is necessary or if the --reinstall will do the trick, and not going to find out! This was flashed with the US rootfs/emmc images from the Nokia site.

Last edited by ryanrg; 2010-05-27 at 06:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to ryanrg For This Useful Post:
Does anybody else feel that the microb browser, particularly smaller texts, is of a lighter shade and blurrier than before the update? To me, the graphics and texts aren't as distinct and sharp as before.
I think Nokia made a poor decision to cut a few corners to improve page rendering. Only thing I can't stand right now.

Oh... and youtube like a few have already mentioned definately not as smooth as previous firmware, for ex. vevo music videos. such a shame. =(

Last edited by m2k; 2010-05-27 at 06:19.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
The phone application is working well in either Portrait, Landscape, or Automatic. I haven't noticed any problem.

nosa101...are you able to offer some advise here. Each time I try to open 'My Nokia' under Settings (General), the settings application closes and I get the following error message.

'Internal error. Application 'Settings' closed.'

What could be the problem?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Sorry if this is already mentioned (tried to search and run through this thread).

Did you people lose the ability to sort the application list in app manager (alphabetically or by size of the app) with PR1.2? My app list is sorted by the size of the app and I can't find a way to sort it alphabetically. This is really irritating. How to fix?
I couldn't find anything on that issue either, so I went and investigated it myself. I appears that while the sorting options have been removed from the application manager's UI in PR 1.2, it still looks at the config file if it's there. I solved it by deleting ~/.osso/hildon-application-manager

This and the inability to rearrange icons in the menu are the only real issues I encountered. Rearranging icons is still a problem, not solved by removing the battery for a hard reset.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to snow For This Useful Post: