Active Topics

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by No_LiMiT View Post
Got problem with updater. It wouldn't recognize phone until I had PC suite installed, and then it wouldn't recognize it if it was on. And after all that it downloaded update but when it's about to install it says it lost connection and theres Retry button...
Deleted it all and only installed software updater but it can't recognize the phone, just hangs in there searching.
When trying to update it from the phone it says to use pc software updater.
Spent whole night trying this, don't know what else to do.
I don't really wanna mess with flashing and more technical stuff, don't really want to lose data or brick my phone since I'm not very good at this it seems. Also using win7 64bit...

Tried deleting some apps(fmms, dataplan thing that's in conflict now) but didn't help. I know last thing I installed was sygic maps, but I'm reluctant to delete that because it's rather large and I don't have backup files around...
meh
Same here except I'm win xp and don't have a lot of apps like you.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
i uninstalled apps till it let me install the upgrade over the air ...
I uninstalled like 7 apps and tried and still no joy.
But ok I'll try 7 more and try again.

update: I uninstalled about 12 more apps and now it's doing OTA!

Finally

Last edited by aironeous; 2010-05-27 at 12:07.

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Same here except I'm win xp and don't have a lot of apps like you.
I tried NSU under xp, not succeed. I used OTA, then it went to 1.2

Originally Posted by PFhawk View Post
NSU:
  • IF your download is stuck, u can alternatively dl the firmware image from nokia servers manually throught some proxy (i have used rapidproxy.org) just insert this link.
  • Then u have to copy the DL image (which i suppose is the same as the one from here) to this folder in Vista/W7 C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\nsl_service_module_00001\vpls\http://www.dsut.online.nokia.com.oti...Products\rx-51 (just insert this in the default windows file manager or to the start menu search).
  • Then run NSU again and it will run the fw update.

EDIT: the folder ProgramData is invisible by default. Before inserting the folder link in file manager (or search), delete the space in www.dsut.online.nokia.com.oti.caresuite part of the link. In windows XP as Larswad said is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\nsl_service_module_00001\vpls\www.dsut.onl ine.nokia.com.oti.caresuite\Products\rx-51"
Updating...

Thank you!

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
What kind of OS needs you to uninstall X number of apps to be able to update!?
And I'm beginning to see what people meant about getting ready to hate nokia if you bought a Nokia Phone... well love the phone hate the company... all the "promises", "carrots", the silence etc. etc.

Sorry about the bile...just a bit annoyed that I have to spend all evening deinstalling stuff just to be able to update...

The Following User Says Thank You to Brunorange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Brunorange View Post
What kind of OS needs you to uninstall X number of apps to be able to update!?
And I'm beginning to see what people meant about getting ready to hate nokia if you bought a Nokia Phone... well love the phone hate the company... all the "promises", "carrots", the silence etc. etc.

Sorry about the bile...just a bit annoyed that I have to spend all evening deinstalling stuff just to be able to update...
I mean this must be the only OS in the world which does that in the 21st century... Seems that people have real issues with the PR1.2.

Did they really publish it when it really was ready? Or did they hurry to stop the leaked firmware from spreading?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
I love this thread.
Full reflash is the way to go. Do it!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
I mean this must be the only OS in the world which does that in the 21st century... Seems that people have real issues with the PR1.2.

Did they really publish it when it really was ready? Or did they hurry to stop the leaked firmware from spreading?
Couple of things come to my mind.
Nokia probably does Q&A testing on only official apps. Nothing else. So basically if this is true then itīs not suprise that people are having some problems with this update.

Some people have problems with IM protocols and dependency issues with some programs that block PR 1.2 installation. How should Nokia have handled this? tatatatataaaa: To give developers own flashable alpha/beta version of image that they can beforehand test.

Thing is that end users do not give sht if their device is not working as expected if they have installed something from extras. They blame Nokia and probably Nokiaīs developers laugh to people that do no understand reason why 3rd party not tested stuff brakes or doesnt work.

For god sake oh please Nokia publish developers image once in month for sake of your own brand.

I uninstalled following programs and it worked, updated over the air.
bounce, firefox, battle gweld, candle, coin toss, mplayer, kmplayer, qtirreco, solarwolf, xchat irc client, teeworlds, rockdodger, tecnoballz, almostti graphing calc emulator.
apt-get clean and autoremove. Around 57mb on rootfs and it worked.
Cheers

I uninstalled some applications until I reached 56MB free on rootfs and worked via OTA.

To know: with 53.5MB free was not working.