Notices

Poll: Can you view flash videos on webpages after updating to pr 1.2? (Other than youtube)
Poll Options
Can you view flash videos on webpages after updating to pr 1.2? (Other than youtube)

I have no adblock installed and I'm still getting choppy as hell video. I like all the other aspects of 1.2 except this... kind of lame that performance slowed down for this aspect.

Used NSu when updated to 1.2
So far am quite impressed except for the major flash video playback issue. I've uninstalled AdBlock Plus and adflashblock, after reboot the problem is still there.
I'm using N900 mostly to watch tv programming from sites like tvr.ro and if this will be solved in the same timeframe as PR1.1 - PR 1.2 I'm forced to look elsewhere for a similar product.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by bilal_mufc View Post
hey can anyone help me, i live in the uk and the update has not arrived over the air yet for some reason.
have you got the nokia catalogues enabled?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Shropshire UK
Hi everyone, I just got home and thought I'd play about with my N900 for a bit. I went through the browser settings and realised the memory cache size was set to 5 or 10mb. This has changed since the update. I have used both Automatic and 40mb before, so I changed this to Utomatic, went back to iPlayer and unless I am extremely lucky, it played smoothly straight away!

Could this be why it works for some and not others? I.e. those that happened to change the setting have got it working???

It may be worth a try. Either that has fixed mine or something even more strange may be happening!

Good luck to everyone who tries it. I hope mine isn't just a spoof temporary fix.

set to automatic doesn't seem to improve things, loaders still stick at 1%

Originally Posted by Ads View Post
Hi everyone, I just got home and thought I'd play about with my N900 for a bit. I went through the browser settings and realised the memory cache size was set to 5 or 10mb. This has changed since the update. I have used both Automatic and 40mb before, so I changed this to Utomatic, went back to iPlayer and unless I am extremely lucky, it played smoothly straight away!

Could this be why it works for some and not others? I.e. those that happened to change the setting have got it working???

It may be worth a try. Either that has fixed mine or something even more strange may be happening!

Good luck to everyone who tries it. I hope mine isn't just a spoof temporary fix.

Originally Posted by oweng View Post
set to automatic doesn't seem to improve things, loaders still stick at 1%
Same here after trying the cache tweak. I've also cleared the private data, rebooted and no difference.

hi Ads. which program did it let you watch please?
I am positive it is down to the BBC on this one, as this problem tarted happening BEFORE the PR1.2 update. It was working for me a few days before, then a day or two before 1.2 this problem started.

There have been a couple of threads aleady from a few days ago about some websites updating to latest flash, and content no longer working on n900, meanwhile nokia have been silent on whether we will get a flash upgrade or not.

I have also noticed there is now a 'try the beta' thing for the web iplayer. I tried it but still the same. Had to clear cookies to get it to let me go to www.bbc.co.uk instead of beta.bbc.co.uk, where it kept taking me. So the BBC are definitely up to something on their web site. Who knows, maybe it will start working again at some point.

Something that DOES still work is the watch live pages there. That seems a little better since PR1.2, so at least we can still watch live bbc tv

Hi

Same problems here with web iPlayer, doesn't show video.

But if you press the little full screen control on the player it then plays the video just fine.

rgds

Just to add something else, my wife has an htc magic running android 1.6, and the beebplayer works and shows video and sound just as always. The watchlive option does not work for her.

PS As far as I know the htc magic does not have flash support at all, especially under 1.6. Anyone know how the beebplayer app does it?I am sure there was work here on an iplayer app at some point too.

uTMY, sorry doesn't work. just been back and tried again. Always used to full-screen it because it gave better quality, so I am sure most others do that too.

What have you got to work. I can go test it. maybe it is something to do with certain programmes?