HTC Evo 4G

The Following User Says Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Go in the shop and try and get a demo on both, my mum has satio and I have had a substantial go on it and i think the UI is awful, feels dated to me after using N900... The web browser is so poor compared to N900.. just my opinion tho!

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
HTC Evo 4G
Seems too overpowered

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2010-05-27 at 23:44.

Hey railroadmaster

I would say go for the Satio. If you want to have a phone with other functionalties.

Otherwise go for the N900 Internet Tablet with phone functionality....do keep in mind that the N900 is still (IMHO) in a developing stage.

Good luck with choosing your next device!

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Satio sucks. Trust me, i've used and owned pretty much all the types of mobile phones there are, I currently have:

Iphone 3GS
Sony Ericsson W950i (Symbian UIQ3)
Nokia N900 (Maemo 5)
HTC Touch Pro (Windows Mobile 6.5)

So i'd like to say this first, my opinion is unbiased. Anyway, Sony Ericsson's Symbian UIQ3 is now a dead technology, yes it's now open source but it sucked. I tweaked and customized my W950i to the max, i.e hacking it to gain file access to the root etc etc.....same with my HTC Touch Pro, i installed a custom WM 6.5 rom whereas a normal stock version will only be on WM 6.0.

My point is, Sony Ericsson is dying, now it's using Windows Mobile on most of their high end devices, and Satio is just pure crap.

Get the N900, it has more potential and is way more powerful.

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
sony ericsson... for shure... see all the n900 problems... n97 problems etc etc.. nokia its a shame.. change the brand believe me... dont trash the money away with nokia

Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
Satio sucks. Trust me, i've used and owned pretty much all the types of mobile phones there are, I currently have:

Iphone 3GS
Sony Ericsson W950i (Symbian UIQ3)
Nokia N900 (Maemo 5)
HTC Touch Pro (Windows Mobile 6.5)

So i'd like to say this first, my opinion is unbiased. Anyway, Sony Ericsson's Symbian UIQ3 is now a dead technology, yes it's now open source but it sucked. I tweaked and customized my W950i to the max, i.e hacking it to gain file access to the root etc etc.....same with my HTC Touch Pro, i installed a custom WM 6.5 rom whereas a normal stock version will only be on WM 6.0.

My point is, Sony Ericsson is dying, now it's using Windows Mobile on most of their high end devices, and Satio is just pure crap.

Get the N900, it has more potential and is way more powerful.
I wouldn't say Sony Ericsson is dieing because they gained a lot of market share this year thanks to the Vivaz and Satio. While Nokia is larger they lost a lot of market share this year I heard they are now down 37 percent but don't quote or site me on that yes Nokia rules the world and Sony Ericsson is small but Nokia these days is just lame. Don't tell me that you don't remember th n97 how buggy and slow it was that wasn't Symbian's fault that was Nokia's fault. Granted Sony isn't a software company and are a hardware company but Nokia never take good time to develop product while being as it looks pretty amazing Maemo looks fresh and has an awesome community, the os looks half-baked. I don't know just a little rant on Nokia. Don't get me wrong there are things about Sony that piss me off very much. I will spend time to decide between the devices.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
HTC Evo 4G
+1
for me also.
Over powered is great!! better than underpower device

Originally Posted by santiago View Post
sony ericsson... for shure... see all the n900 problems... n97 problems etc etc.. nokia its a shame.. change the brand believe me... dont trash the money away with nokia
Yah what worries me is about half the post on maemo.org talk about how they switched to an htc device or how there selling there device. I would say the n900 looks nice and Nokia makes good phones but Sony Ericsson is very overlooked. Both companies suffer from similar problems however Sony was able to make phones with os other than Symbian such as the Xperia x10 that runs Android.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
+1
for me also.
Over powered is great!! better than underpower device
The Evo seems great in all but heavy price tag and I'm with T-Mobile I would have to switch to Sprint. Evo seems to be an htc hd2 with Wimax, 8mp camera with hd video recording, and hd tv out. Also the Evo 4g would probably be expensive requiring expensive data plans.