Originally Posted by Stonik View Post
Yes it does, indeed. Also, I would like to know where the correction comes from.
engadget updated their article

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
lookey lookey engadget didn't change the title. Now it is all over the web as false information

thanks Rauha
subtext from the artical

thats the crux of the matter and thats what im trying to say.... sod all the sales calculations and the bla bla. the phone was created with a single intention in mind. its simple

the N900 is not a mass-market device. Nokia's been very clear that the N900 was launched as a means to strengthen its Maemo development community
CN

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ CT, USA
In the first 5 weeks, the sales were hampered by availability, not by lack of interest in the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to chowdahhead For This Useful Post:
still... but 8.75 million iphones is a serious market share....
maybe that is the reason why businesses are so openly embracing the iphone... when i cannot even connect the n900 to my work vpn

funny how qgil got attacked when he tried to prove the numbers made no sense

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
That's pretty impressive actually.

Finland is full of Nokia fanboys like me of course, but you could not get N900 in your hands for the first month if you had not preordered that after you had wait again for the next smallish patch to arrive.

My guess is it have sold about +400 000. Probally doesn't sell much of anything currently thught. There are some good Android phones in a same price range.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
engadget updated their article
Yeah I got that, but who told the corrected numbers to Engadget? They just say "we've been just told". Does this come from Reuters, Gartner?

The other point is, that the news of 100,000 units in five months is now been published all over the world. 95 per cent of those sites aren't updating their pages as quickly as Engadget is, if at all.

Maybe someone from Nokia could step up and tell the official sales numbers, finally. There's nothing to lose right now, in my opinion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
For once, Engadget actually gets it right.
Do you mean the "rabid nerd" bit? I actually consider myself more of a psycho geek.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
But someone from Nokia was willing to accept the 100,000 in five months figure, which seems to be revealing in itself.

Tags
nokia n900, sales