Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Thumbs up from here too. Roll on PR1.3.....in fact Meego........come on Nokia wtf you playing at

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-05-28 at 13:20.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
I am also with you

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
3. You can install more apps
...you can?
I can't.. I keep getting "out of memory"-errors when I have less than ~200MB free on /home

But I do like it.. The N900 in general feels faster, and the longclick->blue keyboard makes the 3 lines less of a problem..

i am with you !! its developing stage by stage but nokia wants us to do something about it?!!

Its still the BEST FEATURE (Compact Desktop) PHONE made by NOKIA!!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Overall I am a "ffmmma" Kind of sentiment. Take it or leave it kind of thing. Wasn't worth the hype if you catch my drift.

It doesn't fix or go to fix anything like the glaring omissions that make this phone workable, but it does make lots of little polished bits shinier and there were lots.

I can see a scolling speed and things like the Media player now having a play button to get you back to what is playing instead of four underlines is nice. Portrait for the internet is good, but to me the most important thing is news of the docs to go full version coming along. Hope so.

But MMS and the usual list of gripes still there.

How can get the portrait mode for conversations?
Does it stay in portrait all the time, or do we have to tweak it every time??

Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
People keep complaining how stupid/buggy/idiotic/laggy etc PR1.2 is. However I am very satisfied with it:

1. Browser is faster
2. Flash is flashier
3. You can install more apps
4. More apps work
5. New QT
6. New Ovi maps
7. Everything pretty much works
8. Better battery life
9. Portrait modes in browser and conversations
10. Skype video calls
11. Enhanced media player
12. Improved calendar
13. Smoother scrolling

And I do not want any angry comments on how I am wrong. Itīs a miracle Maemo-community even gets updates anymore when thinking how bad itīs going with Nokia...

here!

just wish that portrait mode in conversations, mail etc should be possible without that stupid button-press and with a portrait keyboard, really stupid not to implement that!

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
It's definitely an improvement in many ways. Nokia's mistake was in letting us use OTA updating, i fully reflashed my N900 and all changes have been positive. I think a majority of issues are coming from incremental updaters.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kamishly View Post
How can get the portrait mode for conversations?
you have to press control+shift+r (close your keyboard afterwards!) and then everytime you turn the phone it goes portrait, however without screen keyboard. it goes this way everytime you tilt, you only need to press the buttomn-combo again if you close the app..

I just upgraded, and now all the next is the block character, and it keeps rebooting....

oh ****, I just might have to reflash...this sucks