Notices

it wasn't working but after a reboot it is working fine
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

With the media player open and playing, I can pause and change track but I can't play after pausing. Tried a reboot too.

Oh well

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Guildford, UK
It works just fine for me with no other widgets open, but I tried to add the Personal Dataplan Monitor widget to my desktop and after that the play/pause button stopped working. As soon as I removed the PDM widget, the Media Player widget worked fine again. Great...

Here is the same..

It isn't working with me..
but i run the media player click on play buttun on widget.. it works but all the other widgets are disabled alone..

Shamelly isnt working here! emmc and nothing...

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
I have 33 application icons 10 widgets 10 contacts on my panorama desktop.

It worked after the default desktop set.
It does not work, after i fully personalize my desktops!

If i remove wmp idget and readd it works until the next system startup, but if i move it, it auto removes all the other widgets on the desktops.

I removed one-by-one the elements and rebooted 53 times my device after each removing step, so the 3rd party widgets and app icons does not disable mp widgets's play button.

Try to reproduce to add lots of app-icons and widgets to your desktops, restart your device and check whether your wmp widget"s play butoon is working or not.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
The music player widget does not work....it was working on my phone with pr1.1 but after getting the dreaded usb issue nokia replaced my phone and the widget started playing up....and now with pr1.2 i have exactly the same issue. Having to reboot to get it to work and if you delete it from desktop it removes all your widgets which then have to be manually put back....not very convienient but just about workable......this was a bug issue with pr1.1 and am now begining to think it has been overlooked.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
and just a quick note....we waited an absolute age for this update. Reason given so as to ensure there were no problems.....less than 5 days pr1.2 has been out and this site is full of bugs and error reports about it.....wtf NOKIA????

The Following User Says Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
this what i do if this kinda bug occur.

open media player, tap upper bar, tap "clear now playing"

exit media player, remove and re-install media player widget (wait till you see "Launch media player" on the widget before clicking done).

EDIT: when its done and you press play, it will open the media player app, just play a son for about 2 secs, pause it, exit media player, and press play on the widget.

NOTE: i cannot guarantee that this is 100% working,

im doing this everyday coz i change batteries and until now, its working.

NOTE: for best result, try to set your media player widget on a good place (where it puts itself on the same place you set even if you uninstall and re-install the widget, and not overlap with other widgets).

my nokia, does not support all countries so maybe thats why its causing the bug

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-05-30 at 10:51.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
I used Command Desktop Execution for an effective workaround for this bug. I just added a small 'play' button over the media widget with the command:
Code:
dbus-send --dest=com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer /com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer com.nokia.mafw.renderer.play
After I press it the first time, the media widget works normally, play and pause and everything else. No need to call the media player.