Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Yes. It is done.
many thanks to you helpfull moderator
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
"the only advantage the iphone has are the apps thats about it."

the problem with the N900 is I have no apps to multitask with

"the only advantage the iphone has are the apps thats about it."

thats about it lol !!! talk about underplaying the importance of this....

Ill say again apps drive a platform................

so as you put it ""the only advantage the iphone has are the apps"...such as these ?

http://www.148apps.com/top-apps/top-free-iphone-apps/

if only TEN of these top apps were picked and polished for the N900 would have made a great deal to the end user.
Top Ten are mostly free games - no thanks, not that much a big deal.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by T-unit View Post
how many of you have the n900 as your first internet tablet? because it seems to me that the OVI store is filled with crap and little to nothing where as if you look in thekapp manager you will find cool stuff...
I am amongst that group.
Wanted to buy the iPhone 3G long time ago but its specs on paper could not match my expectations. An E71 did. batterij, multitaking, bluetooth stereo, VPN, keyboard, exchange support, nav software of choice... some other things.

Then I notice I do more surfing than normal on the stupid screen of E71 so I decide to buy an internet dedicated telephone.
After some research you end up where? N900 (dirt cheap, same price I paid for my first wap capable phone)

Do you really think I would need any of those programs in ovi store even if they ported all thousands of iphone apps and android apps together there?
If you are a playful person that likes to find creative ways how to have more fun using a telephone by downloading an app every hour, the other phones are for you
If you like to mess around with linux without dual booting your gaming er office windows platform, the N900 is it.

Different user profiles - no need to try to convince anybody about the apps suport making a better platform

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by garyc2010;685511
Ill say again apps drive a platform................

so as you put it ""the only advantage the iphone has are the apps"...such as these ?

[url
http://www.148apps.com/top-apps/top-free-iphone-apps/[/url]

if only TEN of these top apps were picked and polished for the N900 would have made a great deal to the end user.
Sorority Life... And I thought it was all fart apps

I'm sold. Anyone want to buy my N900?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

i think i would prefer an android phone over an iphone but i guess it depends what people have for trade

Originally Posted by zombiegavins View Post
now that's an offer that's too good to refuse, where abouts are you based?
Based in the North West of England.

I'll speak to my brother and get him to take a few pics of it.

Originally Posted by Sash View Post
Based in the North West of England.

I'll speak to my brother and get him to take a few pics of it.
i'm in manchester myself, have you seen your brothers milestone? what sort of condition would you say it in?

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Top Ten are mostly free games - no thanks, not that much a big deal.
The top ten are all games apart from a twitter app, the next 10 are some security tool, more ridiculous games and facebook. Seriously if someone is trying to get me to switch to iPhone based on that list they must be kidding. I have an ipod touch 2g and like some of the apps but it basically is a music player sitting docked on my stereo all the time.

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
The top ten are all games apart from a twitter app, the next 10 are some security tool, more ridiculous games and facebook. Seriously if someone is trying to get me to switch to iPhone based on that list they must be kidding. I have an ipod touch 2g and like some of the apps but it basically is a music player sitting docked on my stereo all the time.
opps what i said was ten From that list as AN EXAMPLE

for me my 10 most used apss are trivial, but ever so useful to me

Currency convertor - one click and I have my fav currencies the UK£ will buy me, great as i travel alot

Trapster - with 3 penalty points already, this is great for extra help spooting sneaky revenue collectors, sorry meant traffic cops

Weather - met office data for my location for n days, simple and effective again great when travelling.

Sky sports news, great when im watching spurs playing, to keep an eye on other results with the live commentry, team line up etc

Sky News ......quick grab of the headlines

calendar - one calendar, synced on mt desktop, ubuntu laptop, to me invaluable of keeping track. Sadly for mee biggest ommision on N900 no calendar sync.

camera - never really used camera before i got 3gs, simple and powerful, take a snap, and a couple of taps send it via MMS or email. Not as good as N900 camera in all honesy though, I would descibe N900 camera as its best feature - quality is awesome in fairness.

Barcode Scanner - awesome, when shopping scan any item, get its details and all price comparisons.

Compass...hehe used this last week to align my freeview aerial in the general direction before tuning, couldnt see the mas (it was 37 miles away )

Amiga Emulator - coming soon ....can't wait, i can replay all my own 68k assembler demos I wrote years ago.............(Created ADF's of my own disks)....but in reality I doubt if apple will let users run their own ADF images.

"I have an ipod touch 2g and like some of the apps but it basically is a music player sitting docked on my stereo all the time"

it is basically a music player != 3gs

Last edited by garyc2010; 2010-05-28 at 14:55.

damn thing is sat there staring at me. i swear it knows i am trying to get rid of it