Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
I mean even if store works fine IMO they should have waited for at least a week until people updated to PR 1.2 as we can see in TMO not everyone had a smooth upgrade without full flashing . I dont think everyone upgraded as soon as it was out. Nevertheless Nokia shouldn't have announced a specific day
well, i'm almost certain it was the other way round: they wanted to re-launch the store 2 days after the firmware release, but when they were about to press the button, somebody realized that the system for payed content still doesn't work. so they're back on square 1 and try to find a new solution. that's what i think.

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
well, i'm almost certain it was the other way round: they wanted to re-launch the store 2 days after the firmware release, but when they were about to press the button, somebody realized that the system for payed content still doesn't work. so they're back on square 1 and try to find a new solution. that's what i think.
Some communication would be okay though.

Originally Posted by bbin View Post
Some communication would be okay though.
Like this?
Attached Images

As soon as we can- HHAHAHAHAHAHHA. those hot finnish developers.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Like this?
no. this isn't "communication". it's saying "we're late and we don't tell why".

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
cmon!! thats a lame argument!!! is like ahh we will see whats going on..

Originally Posted by borland View Post
As soon as we can- HHAHAHAHAHAHHA. those hot finnish developers.
isn't this whole ovi-desaster located in the US?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
isn't this whole ovi-desaster located in the US?
I imagine the situation. PR 1.2 is out, maemo team is happy, they drink beer, developers start to push Nokia to upload their apps, Ovi team is prepared to disable repos and ovi website to upload new content then suddenly someone rushes to the office and SCREAMS!!!!!! STOOOOP system is not working they can still download payed apps from x-terminal

And then......

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Calm the f*ck down. You're acting like 12 year olds crying about how Nokia hasn't released their Ovi update or how they haven't said why. Boohoo, even if they told you, your 12 year old brain wouldn't understand it. Get a life, go outside. Stop sitting around, refreshing the Ovi store on your n900.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Spr33 View Post
Calm the f*ck down. You're acting like 12 year olds crying about how Nokia hasn't released their Ovi update or how they haven't said why. Boohoo, even if they told you, your 12 year old brain wouldn't understand it. Get a life, go outside. Stop sitting around, refreshing the Ovi store on your n900.
Well, I must disagree with you.

I believe we are in our total right to complain because the Ovi store update was announced to some days ago and we have not got it yet. This is not a "it will be released when it's done", this is more serious: it was *announced*. This is a service we are expecting to get from Nokia and our phone and they are not providing it.

So we are not 12 years old guys, we are adults (at least I believe most of us) and as such we must behave: Nokia is supposed to provide and they are not = complain!

That is only my opinion though

Closed Thread

Tags
ovi update