Originally Posted by kavekave View Post
can anyone tell me please what are the most important big things they improved? NOTHING...u can type ussd codes now? pffff well nothing important about that since we used ussd widget in the previous firmware and it worked just fine.
You don't like the fact you don't need an app for it?

gps is acting crazy!!!!..not giving the right location where iam at..it was perfect in the previous firmware
What are your location settings?

night mode for video and photo? really? r u kidding me? what's the use of night mode for photo since we can take photos with flash on in dark..
Really?

but for real we waited so long for a useless update..and when i click on "my nokia" in settings i get a message saying internal error..seriously?? and don't tell me to hard reset my phone to get it to work because it gives me a headache
Your location?

i wish i hadn't update to pr1.2...seriously pr1.1.1 was way better and didn't have any bugs ..i thought i'd update to pr1.2 and see what's new with the new firmware but i got *******-e-d ...transitions sucks in pr1.2 and maps???? r u kidding me? it was better in pr1.1.1 ...what did they *******-ing improve?? the put a play button in media player? wow big improvement...changed the virtual keyboard? wow big improvement..video call??? yea well i don't use video call and u gotta have internet to use it so it's worthless..portrait mode in web browser well people got used to web browsing in landscape mode..and can anyone tell me what's the use of using web browsing in portrait mode if it didn't have a *******ing virtual keyboard..it's *******ing useless..customizable menu??? r u kidding me??? who want to customize their menu ..it looks ugly now all the applications put together with no "more"...and night mode in video and picture? yea well it sucks

in general we waited 3 months for a useless update...i wanna get back to pr1.1.1...PR1.2 is pissing me offffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you expecting a magic firmware update that will make your n900 a godlike device?

you're probably hoping an old honda civic to become the latest ferrari sports car.

Lower your expectations dude, you'll always get disappointed if you don't and in reality we don't always see/get what we expect especially if your expectations are too high.

Originally Posted by fergusso View Post

you're probably hoping an old honda civic to become the latest ferrari sports car.

That is unpossible!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fergusso View Post
So... are you comparing the N900 to a Honda Civic?

i wish i hadn't update to pr1.2...seriously pr1.1.1 was way better and didn't have any bugs ..i thought i'd update to pr1.2 and see what's new with the new firmware but i got *******-e-d ...transitions sucks in pr1.2 and maps???? r u kidding me? it was better in pr1.1.1 ...what did they *******-ing improve?? the put a play button in media player? wow big improvement...changed the virtual keyboard? wow big improvement..video call??? yea well i don't use video call and u gotta have internet to use it so it's worthless..portrait mode in web browser well people got used to web browsing in landscape mode..and can anyone tell me what's the use of using web browsing in portrait mode if it didn't have a *******ing virtual keyboard..it's *******ing useless..customizable menu??? r u kidding me??? who want to customize their menu ..it looks ugly now all the applications put together with no "more"...and night mode in video and picture? yea well it sucks

in general we waited 3 months for a useless update...i wanna get back to pr1.1.1...PR1.2 is pissing me offffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well landscape web browsing with virtual keyboard is slow anyway...hell even if they included...i would probably never use it. Landscape is just to let you see a webpage in a different perspective...that's all.

Customize menu?? Well, i used catorise....so i have no problem putting whatever program in whatever folders i want!

I agreed about night video mode...i try out night video mode...i thought it is SLOW...framerate is slow and i probably never use it and stick with regular mode with smoother frame rate.

As for media player...i like that you can stream video off the pc...pretty nice actually. The "play" button on the desktop that sometimes not working seems to work for now.

Overall, i like 1.2 A LOT..it's faster...browsing is faster and play flash is smoother. I like that they have a "BACK" button now...very important as i have complaint about it. Rootf space saving is HUGE. Improve in media player.

Everything is snappier.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
......Was to busy p*ssing myself laughing at the "you need the internet for that" comment to come up with a decent response....

OMG you need the internet for an internet tablet??????

what a joke!!!!!!! What were Nokia thinking??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

however the OP does highlight how ignorant end users will always blame the product manufacturer in the first instance instead of the the 3rd party app developers (no *****ing here, because I, for one, am eternally grateful for the time and effort - mostly unpaid - that these guys and girls put in for luddites like me) who don't get around to updating their apps for new fw releases.

Having said this, it would be fair to assume that once an application reaches extras, it should be guaranteed stable for use with current fw....or removed from the repos until it is.
I actually made a thread about this and i got so much abuse thrown at me it was unbelievable.
The problem is people can take comments too serious because of the time they have spent on making an app but the facts are facts and i stand by my words that untill an app is proven worthy not to cause problems to the OS it simply should not be allowed in any way or form without the knowledge of the actual problem to be downloaded from this forum, what should happen is the maker of the app should get together with another and get it right with community help because after all that is exactly how a thriving community works... help each other.
The community is slowly but surely getting tighter and only when we ALL work as a team will progress be made and i might add a lot lot faster than it is going at the moment.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
If for any reason someone is not happy with the new update from Nokia their is the obvious solution and that is re-flash to 1.1 and then bright back to the update they are happy with (the emmc may also need to be flashed here) as the N900 is a completely flexible tool and will not break in any way or form through programming fw,s and emmc,s.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico, Monterrey.

1.- Get some English classes.
2.- There are ways to return to PR 1.1
3.- ? = You don't know. ??? = You are just stupid.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Verona, Italy
Ok guys..... he is not so wrong! Ok with PR 1.2 we have a lot of bug fixed... but there are also a lot of stupid things!!

A portrait browser without a portrait keyboard???? Ridiculous!!! Ok dudes, be honest!!

Originally Posted by maurelio79 View Post
Ok guys..... he is not so wrong! Ok with PR 1.2 we have a lot of bug fixed... but there are also a lot of stupid things!!

A portrait browser without a portrait keyboard???? Ridiculous!!! Ok dudes, be honest!!
And how is this worse than PR 1.1.1?

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:

Tags
hi! i suck, nice 2 rant you, spastic typing