Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
I'm considering terminating my contract for my n900 as it is just shite value for money.

I bought the contract of mobilephonesdirect (hehe do any of you remember that preorder saga when we had no idea when it was arriving), and it is with t-mobile

£25 a month 18 months, 200 mins 200 texts, and 1gb data

I don't get very good t-mobile signal in my area either.

How do i go about cancelling the contract, do i talk to MPD or t-mobile? which company am i actually bound to with my contract?

What are the termination charges ?

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

bump; ): cool:

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
Talk to T-mobile. And the charge will be massive. £300-400.

Do you have the original paperwork you should have received from MPD or TMobile about your contract? Have you read it when signing the contract? Have you tried googling for MPD and/or TMobile customer support phone numbers?

Originally Posted by fms View Post
Do you have the original paperwork you should have received from MPD or TMobile about your contract? Have you read it when signing the contract? Have you tried googling for MPD and/or TMobile customer support phone numbers?
yeh i phoned t-mobile, the guy just told me i will have to pay the remaining cost of the contract to cancel.....whats the point in that!

I'm looking for a way around this termination fee

That's kind of the entire point of a contract. You will have to find some way in which they have breached their agreement with you in order not to pay.

"Not a very good signal" might be worth a chance, especially if you haven't had it long?

The Following User Says Thank You to Caesium For This Useful Post:
I dont think bad signal is a good argument as now days all operators have a coverage map on there websites and fob you off with a "you should have checked before you bought"

Your best bet would be to keep the phone for now and then maybe purchase some insurance in a few months when the n900 is discontinued. smash it and then they will have to replace for a similar phone...

A question i asked in a another thread is where would one stand if nokia do not have flash 10.1 on the n900, would this void the contract as you whent for a flash phone that no longer supports flash?

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
I dont think bad signal is a good argument as now days all operators have a coverage map on there websites and fob you off with a "you should have checked before you bought"

Your best bet would be to keep the phone for now and then maybe purchase some insurance in a few months when the n900 is discontinued. smash it and then they will have to replace for a similar phone...

A question i asked in a another thread is where would one stand if nokia do not have flash 10.1 on the n900, would this void the contract as you whent for a flash phone that no longer supports flash?
thats a good one to argue, about flash.

but don't t-mobile only care about the sim services notabout the phone. maybe i have to go to MPD to argue about the phone, but can they terminate my contract ....

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by Anwarboy11 View Post
yeh i phoned t-mobile, the guy just told me i will have to pay the remaining cost of the contract to cancel.....whats the point in that!

I'm looking for a way around this termination fee
Only way would be if T-mobile changed the terms and conditions to your detriment, without giving you fair notice.

Only other option would be to sell the N900 and put the cash towards the termination fee.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

As far as i am aware you have to pay the remainder of your contract to terminate. I.e say you got 12 month left then it would be 12 x £25. When you take a contract out in uk i believe you paying for the sim service and not the phone. Phone is just a deal sweetner. Also T-Mobile can not be hold responsible if Nokia decides not to bring newest flash to their device.

I am not sure if T-Mobile is like o2 where after 9 month you can lower your tariff to the next lowest.