Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by amaru View Post
As far as i am aware you have to pay the remainder of your contract to terminate. I.e say you got 12 month left then it would be 12 x £25. When you take a contract out in uk i believe you paying for the sim service and not the phone. Phone is just a deal sweetner. Also T-Mobile can not be hold responsible if Nokia decides not to bring newest flash to their device.

I am not sure if T-Mobile is like o2 where after 9 month you can lower your tariff to the next lowest.
nop t-mobile want me to complete my term

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Anwarboy11 View Post
yeh i phoned t-mobile, the guy just told me i will have to pay the remaining cost of the contract to cancel.....whats the point in that!
The whole point of a contract is that you're tied to your chosen operator for the duration of the contract. If you're not happy with that, go pay-as-you-go instead. Presumably, in return for agreeing to stay with them for 18 months you received a free or heavily subsidised phone.

Your contract is a legally binding agreement between you and T-Mobile. Out of the top of my head, here is what you could do to get out of it:

1) Read your contract and see what are the conditions for cancelling it without fees. There'll probably be nothing.

2) Die. If you die, you might be able to have your contract canceled without fees. That's not guaranteed to work though - I remember having read a story in the paper about a guy who couldn't get his wife's mobile phone operator to cancel his wife's contract after she was killed in an accident.

3) Go bankrupt. That has to be done carefully if you don't want T-Mobile to still be able to get their money back. There are a few side effects with going bankrupt too.

4) If T-Mobile decides to change the terms of your contract, they will be legally obliged to notify you in advance of the changes taking effect and to offer you to cancel the contract at no charge. Chances of that to happen are of course close to nil.

5) Sell your N900. You should be able to get enough out of it to pay for the termination fees. You'll then be back to square one and be able to go pay-as-you-go since you don't seem to like being tied to an operator. Of course, pay-as-you-go means that you'll have to pay the full price for your phone but that's what you want, right?

6) Find a friend or family member willing to take over the contract. Then see if T-Mobile is willing to transfer your contract to them.

7) See with T-Mobile if you can change to another plan. If they agree, they'll probably only let you switch to a more expensive plan (but maybe that'll at least fit your needs better)

Originally Posted by Anwarboy11 View Post
How do i go about cancelling the contract, do i talk to MPD or t-mobile? which company am i actually bound to with my contract? What are the termination charges ?
yeh i phoned t-mobile, the guy just told me i will have to pay the remaining cost of the contract to cancel.....
But this means you already know who you should talk to (TMobile) and what the termination charges are (remaining cost of the contract). So, what do you expect the rest of us to tell you?

whats the point in that! I'm looking for a way around this termination fee
In other words, you are asking how to cheat your way out of the contract? Well...tough.

Originally Posted by fms View Post
But this means you already know who you should talk to (TMobile) and what the termination charges are (remaining cost of the contract). So, what do you expect the rest of us to tell you?

In other words, you are asking how to cheat your way out of the contract? Well...tough.
hehe not really cheat.......find a loophole

Originally Posted by mehdiE View Post
The whole point of a contract is that you're tied to your chosen operator for the duration of the contract. If you're not happy with that, go pay-as-you-go instead. Presumably, in return for agreeing to stay with them for 18 months you received a free or heavily subsidised phone.

Your contract is a legally binding agreement between you and T-Mobile. Out of the top of my head, here is what you could do to get out of it:

1) Read your contract and see what are the conditions for cancelling it without fees. There'll probably be nothing.

2) Die. If you die, you might be able to have your contract canceled without fees. That's not guaranteed to work though - I remember having read a story in the paper about a guy who couldn't get his wife's mobile phone operator to cancel his wife's contract after she was killed in an accident.

3) Go bankrupt. That has to be done carefully if you don't want T-Mobile to still be able to get their money back. There are a few side effects with going bankrupt too.

4) If T-Mobile decides to change the terms of your contract, they will be legally obliged to notify you in advance of the changes taking effect and to offer you to cancel the contract at no charge. Chances of that to happen are of course close to nil.

5) Sell your N900. You should be able to get enough out of it to pay for the termination fees. You'll then be back to square one and be able to go pay-as-you-go since you don't seem to like being tied to an operator. Of course, pay-as-you-go means that you'll have to pay the full price for your phone but that's what you want, right?

6) Find a friend or family member willing to take over the contract. Then see if T-Mobile is willing to transfer your contract to them.

7) See with T-Mobile if you can change to another plan. If they agree, they'll probably only let you switch to a more expensive plan (but maybe that'll at least fit your needs better)
There is one problem, i did not recieve any term&conditions with my phone and sim......
all i got was the sim card in a small wallet sized pack with just some setup information, and a first invoice.....

you could try and go to carphone warehouse and see if they wana doa buy out. Then you could sell your n900 for x amount and make up the amount you owe. My girlfriend did that, she got 90 squid!

Id still like to know what could be done regarding the lfash issue, I believe Sony have just been nailed for removing linux from there machines, yes it's not the same but still I wana know

envirophone currently pays 190 quid for an N900

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
My girlfriend did that, she got 90 squid!
Not to be like a super raciest American AND off-topic, but your girlfriend got 90 squids for a N900? What does that mean?

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
I don't want to call you an idiot...but its all i can think to say really. Other then ARE YOU KIDDING?!

It's people like you that make me loathe working in a phones shop. Well, the smell of old people too, but mainly people like you.

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Not to be like a super raciest American AND off-topic, but your girlfriend got 90 squids for a N900? What does that mean?
Squid = Quid = Pound Sterling

Also I take massive offence to your casual racism / questions with regards to my outrageous slang

She got £90 for a buy out, it wasn't on the n900 it was another phone. but 90 + the resale of the n900 and ou could pay the contract off and start another one.