Notices

Same problem here: I can initiate a skype videocall and the PC can see my video, but as soon as the PC try to send its video, the application is closed (crashed ?).

Also, the PC can initiate the call, and then I can see the PC video. But as soon as I click on the video button to send my video, the application is also closed.

So it somehow works, but I can't have both video at the same time.

Originally Posted by esperai View Post
b) the option to IM someone if they're offline or invisible on skype is gone completely. the ONLY way I can do it is if I go into conversations, tap the menu, choose the "send IM to.." option and manually enter their skype username.
Have you tried tapping the notification area, then availability, then selecting your skype account, removing the checkmark from the enabled box, saving, reopening the skype account, putting the checkmark back, then saving again?

I have to do that every time I reboot, but once I do, the IM option remains even when my skype contacts are offline. (until I reboot again)

I'm just interested to know if that workaround doesn't work for some people.

Can anyone tell me why I can't see the other party who have the PC cannot be able to see me or I see them. I've checked all the settings and we can't see each other.
Any suggestions.

Video call to N900 works only with latest version of Skype 4.2 on PC.

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Is it just me or is the Skype video call screen on the N900 quite horrendous? It is so ugly and disproportional! :S

same thing happen to me, any one have any idea???

Originally Posted by wierdo View Post
Have you tried tapping the notification area, then availability, then selecting your skype account, removing the checkmark from the enabled box, saving, reopening the skype account, putting the checkmark back, then saving again?

I have to do that every time I reboot, but once I do, the IM option remains even when my skype contacts are offline. (until I reboot again)

I'm just interested to know if that workaround doesn't work for some people.
Doesn't work for me

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Exactly; it is so clear that Skype is a Skype product that I really fail to see how people can get angry at Nokia!
I didn't download the skype client as a 3rd-party addon. Nokia are managing the user experience here. Same deal with the Flash 10.1 fiasco. I'm not angry btw but it appears that people's expectations could be better managed.

To these people I'd like to ask: what other phone can make Video calls (with Skype, Gtalk and SIP) out there and that actually work "better" as you're complaining?
Oh it's a phone now is it? If it's a phone I would like 3G video calls. Many phones from many years ago can do this. If it's a mobile computer I would like functional Skype video calls (i.e. to the people I know who have skype). Ideally I'd like both. Having got neither, I think a complaint is justified. Obviously here isn't the most productive place to do it, and of course caveat emptor, research before purchase blah blah.

Complaining is easy, but ever you thought about the rationale behind a decision?
Indeed I have, I invite you to read my earlier comment on the previous page.

Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
Video call to N900 works only with latest version of Skype 4.2 on PC.
4.2? 5 is out for windows users:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/get-.../windows/beta/

for Linux/Mac they 'are working on it' - whatever that means...otherwise still stuck on 2.1-8

Originally Posted by spanner View Post
I didn't download the skype client as a 3rd-party addon. Nokia are managing the user experience here. Same deal with the Flash 10.1 fiasco. I'm not angry btw but it appears that people's expectations could be better managed.
The problem is not with skype on the n900. Nokia can't make skype upgrade their Mac/Linux clients.

Tags
bada rox