Notices

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lancaster
Hi was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the sticks to work on DS3. everything else seems to be working except them...i might be missing sumthing to be fair.
To connect it I just plugged it into PC, did all the glovepie stuff and then installed sixaxis support. im not really comftable with using xterm so not bothering editing keys, I only use it for gaming anyway!
if anyone can help it would be great! thankyou!!

Originally Posted by twiny_2nd View Post
Hi was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the sticks to work on DS3. everything else seems to be working except them...i might be missing sumthing to be fair.
To connect it I just plugged it into PC, did all the glovepie stuff and then installed sixaxis support. im not really comftable with using xterm so not bothering editing keys, I only use it for gaming anyway!
Basically the left stick emulates the mouse and the right a scroll wheel. It's rather useless for most applications/games, but it will work for TeeWorlds and a few others. I've been trying to work out a way to make buttons to the joysticks, but the only documentation on the config file explains nothing of the joystick settings.

Install Smoku's Amiga emulator, uae4all and you will find that the analogue thumb sticks work in that emulator. I guess this means that an emulator has to be modified in order to support the analogue sticks on the DS3.

Originally Posted by twiny_2nd View Post

I have tried over and over to get my EBay purchased sixaxis controller working, but each time I try to hook up with N900, the bluetooth indicator on the N900 turns blue, sixaxis stops blinking but doesn't do the left to right night rider style lights, and then when I do anything on the N900, its bluetooth indicator goes white and (I assume) disconnects.

Is it possible that my ebay purchased controller is a fake?
Is anyone else having this problem? I have done everything correctly thru Ubuntu, Windows, etc.

Thanks

dcarter

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Read a few pages back. There was similar problem already discussed.

sorry guys i just dont have time to flip a few pages back and read on.

i just want to know is there a really working app right now on devel which i can download and install on my n900?

please someone send me a msg about it and some necessary guidelines on "how to's"

THANK YOU BIG TIME!!

OLRAYT!!

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
But you do have time to bug us to do your homework?

Flip to the first page and read the first post.

hey thanks for the reply and the instructions devildriven, however I am struggling to run Ubuntu on my laptop I keep getting the message 'Cannot download the metalink and therefore the ISO', i've tried googling this but I don't think theres a solution to this only a possibility that it could be because I am running Windows 7. If there's no other way I shall try and find a linux geek to help me with this. Thanks

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Install sixad and SIXAXIS(TM) Support from the app manager.

Download the sixpair.gz file from here - http://tomasz.sterna.tv/uploads/2010/02/sixpair.gz - and save it to USB stick

Copy the sixpair.gz file from the USB stick to the Ubuntu desktop,

Open terminal from ubuntu apps (in the top left) the enter in the following codes pressing enter after each line

gzip -d ~/Desktop/sixpair.gz
cd ~/Desktop
sudo chmod +x sixpair
sudo ./sixpair XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (This will be your N900 Bluetooth Address that you find in Settings > About)

This is it.

Next turn on N900 bluetooth and press PS3 button.

The lights will flash and then if its successful the will flash from left to right and back again night rider styley.

Job done!!
i just got this to work using this guide.... but the connection seems to drop after i have played 10 sec with drnoksnes... then i have to close the game and snart again...

am i doing something worng?

thx

hi, i m noob here and need some help. 1st i have windows 7 64 bit and i dunt have the time to try to install ubuntu on my pc, so is there anyway i can run the sixpair tool from windows. also i a m bit scarred to install "sixaxis" because it modifies the kernel, so is it safe and can i safely uninstall it later cause i really dunt want to mess up the device.
thnx in advance