Active Topics

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
No it sont work you will get a message error : user name and passeword incorect because I have to avtivate pop3 services to my yahoo account and it not free then I want to PUSH my yahoo mail via Nokia Messaging but I can't set up an account with my N900
you must enable pop3 forwarding on your yahoo account, but it seems to be free for me

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
you must enable pop3 forwarding on your yahoo account, but it seems to be free for me
all working cheers.

The SMTP port needs to be changed to 587. No SSL/TLS. I got the setting from my working E71.

hey guys,

after the previous email in mid december email was working fine.

now it no longer sends or recieves to the phone.

my yahoo.ca account works fine, and i jhaven't changed any settings on the phone, is there anything at nokia's at that has changed or something a firmware update might have screwed up?

Originally Posted by REMFwhoopitydo View Post
hey guys,

after the previous email in mid december email was working fine.

now it no longer sends or recieves to the phone.

my yahoo.ca account works fine, and i jhaven't changed any settings on the phone, is there anything at nokia's at that has changed or something a firmware update might have screwed up?
Yup, same here, after the latest firmware, i cannot access to my yahoo account anymore. I used to be able to access via the imap.mail.yahoo.com...now no more.

Ignore previous post,

just stymied by the n900's frustrating habit of connecting to a wifi network that never allows it in, even when i always >choose< the one the does work.

Think the yahoo.co.uk is free and can be done directly, but if like me you have yahoo.com the only options (to access directly) are:

1)that nokia thing (never tried it)
2)pay yahoo money (no way)
3)change your region on yahoo to asia and get it for free anyway (shhhh it's a cheaty way )

Last edited by Dervish; 2010-03-27 at 12:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dervish For This Useful Post:
I moved to gmail - plain and simple. I can get all my email there, even the one from yahoo groups + it's extremely customizable.

I'm tired of yahoo tips&tricks.

my region in yahoo is already to india but it still giving me problems !
and when i try to sneek into the settings for pop3 or IMAP i cudn get thru and it asks me to upgrade to plus !
so .. i think you cant get pop3/ imap - yahoo into ur mob ?
damn plz lemme know if there are any other alternatives ?
i tried nokia messaging but it is also giving me problems as i am not able to fing nokia messaging in my service provider's list !
plz help !
thnx

I set up an account using Nokia messaging as advised. It works well when reciving emails, but when trying to send i get an error that there is an authentication error.

any ideas?