Active Topics

Am I the only guy who is having this problem?
After upgrading to PR 1.2 everything seems to run pretty well,
except for WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL PROGRAMS.

Right now I'm installing Brain Party and its been what? almost 5 minutes that this thing is on "Preparing for Installation, Please wait" page.

Does anybody know whats goin on here?

Oh and lil side question, are the kernel flashers still working? i wanna try flashing this phone to 800mhz

Your not the only one.

My app manager feels dead slooow. It takes 30 sec to remove the Forcea/Amazon/Favebook installers... and that's at 850 mhz! Some times the catagory images are slow to load as well...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Yes you are not the only one who is suffering from this issue. Uninstalling is faster than Installing. When the installation is completed, the notification on the screen showed up and you kinda have to pressed it a few times to get it out of the way so the App Manager can refresh the damn app list.

Sometimes it make me want to smash my N900!! But I didn't lol, because It would be a waste.

Below is my screen got stuck when installing app!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-06-02 at 01:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i did not even know that this is a bug/issue.

since i got my n900, its slow and unresponsive when installing/updating an app. and i saw that was normal (consumes 100% of CPU usage)

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
i did not even know that this is a bug/issue.

since i got my n900, its slow and unresponsive when installing/updating an app. and i saw that was normal (consumes 100% of CPU usage)
I second that, including the strong will to smash the n900 during these times against something solid.

Also have the same problem.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I was to understand this problem was solved with PR1.2.
Because I recall people reporting a very fast and smooth App Manager with the leaked PR1.2 firmware.
What a damn shame, because that was definitely one of the fixes I was looking forward to.
Because indeed. It's dreadfully slow.

you can always use apt-get install from X-Term...

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
I was to understand this problem was solved with PR1.2.
Because I recall people reporting a very fast and smooth App Manager with the leaked PR1.2 firmware.
What a damn shame, because that was definitely one of the fixes I was looking forward to.
Because indeed. It's dreadfully slow.
Strangely enough you are right,,,with the leaked PR1.2 which i used the app manager was really faster than 1.1! Now I have upgraded to global 1.2 the app manager is sooooo painfully SLOW!!! What's happened? We go backwards instead of forwards?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
yh iv noticed that to its very slow i fink when its installing when the bar gets to the end its loading all the installed apps and downloadable ones to but its stupid slow!