Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Did it really work before? I was experiencing difficulties before with xvkbd - independent of xbindkeys.
If you type in
Code:
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '{'
in the Debian chroot terminal, do you get "{" on the next line?
Now I am really confused... This afternoon I bought a new sim card. After inserting it I happen to try my key definitions and, to my
surprise, they worked! This is even better than the "trick" I thought. Anyways, assuming the key definition problem had something to do with the original sim card, I then put the old card back in and my key definitions still worked. Sill confused... My best guess is
that installing the new sim card must have reset something. Receiving phones call while in Debian had previously disabled the keyboard. Is this related?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Honza. View Post
Nobody has an idea?
I haven't understood your problem, I'm afraid. You say you've removed the image and LXDE is the same? Unless you have more than one image, that's not possible.

top panel is there but doesnt give me the options to launch apps or logout. earlier i could press the desktop for a sec/two secs to get the logout/shutdown options and that isnt coming up either...any ideas how to logout/shutdown? maybe a reboot would help but need to logout first...

sudo apt-get install rubygems1.8

this began installing dependencies and in the process broke with a "cannot find ldconfig in path" error. So apt-get is now unable to run because dpkg is broken. this means apt-get -f install also fails, along with apt-get remove.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Honza. View Post
How can I do complete remove of easy debian? I installed many packages for experimenst. Now I want clean debian. I tried to delete image, uninstall easy debian via App manager. But settings, modifications, icons stills in LXDE. What I have to delete manually? Thanks
Honza, maybe try this:

- uninstall Easy Debian
- Delete Debian image file
- reboot phone
- delete any LXDE-related directories in your home dir:
Code:
rm -r /home/user/.config/lx*
rm -r /home/user/.config/openbox
rm -r /home/user/.config/pcmanfm
- reinstall Easy Debian
- reinstall Debian image file

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Did it really work before? I was experiencing difficulties before with xvkbd - independent of xbindkeys.
If you type in
Code:
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '{'
in the Debian chroot terminal, do you get "{" on the next line?

If that does work, perhaps the problem is simply that you have overwritten your .xbindkeysrc file with the new one and not yet reinserted your personal additions?
It worked before but had been broken for quite awhile. I had copied and modified the new .xbindkeyrc.dist with my key definitions in the hope that they might work. But they didn't, even after rebooting.

If I do the command you suggest to make a {, it still spews out errors...

Last edited by mscion; 2010-06-02 at 21:53.

anybody can help me logout pls?

Originally Posted by anandv76 View Post
top panel is there but doesnt give me the options to launch apps or logout. earlier i could press the desktop for a sec/two secs to get the logout/shutdown options and that isnt coming up either...any ideas how to logout/shutdown? maybe a reboot would help but need to logout first...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
anandv76:

I'm afraid you're going to have to just kill LXDE the "ugly way". Hit Ctrl-backspace, then hit the blue X on the tiny "Easy Debian" window. Then use the Close Debian icon to shut down the chroot. Then try again to open Debian LXDE. Hopefully everything should be fixed.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
anandv76:

After a hard kill of LXDE, things may be a bit out of order. But that should be fixed after the next regular shutdown.

Just sent another update to Extras-devel: Easy Debian 0.9.49

This version cleans up the fixkbdfocus script, taking it from a rough proof-of -concept script to a slightly more polished script, with GUI error messages produced if no window name is provided or the window name is not found.

I am going to push this to the Extras-testing quarantine ASAP, so everyone can get their keyboard back by mid-June

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze