Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by kopla View Post
I will order it from another shop. I believe I will get it working quite soon after I get the OBD reader.

p900:
I have run it on N900 but I can't test it in practise because I don't have the ODB reader yet.
You could make the changes public or better become the new maintainer of the code and others will for sure help you with ideas, code and testing.

Just an idea.

Originally Posted by kopla View Post
I will order it from another shop. I believe I will get it working quite soon after I get the OBD reader.

p900:
I have run it on N900 but I can't test it in practise because I don't have the ODB reader yet.
well if it is a complete application and you want me to test it even before you get you obd2, please let me know. i have a bluetooth obd2 which was working on N770 and carman

same goes here i will be more then happy to help out with testing the fixes alrealy made... and i dont mind if the gui does not work... even a command line tool would be fine

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Exeter (UK)
UMMM WTF is Carman???

Yep. Just seen it. Trust google eh!

Last edited by duryard; 2010-05-18 at 08:11. Reason: Found it now

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
first line of google search!
http://openbossa.indt.org/carman/

I have the ODB2 BT from DX and a compatible car (worked with ODBScope).. Happy to be a Guinea Pig for this app (if it doesnt wreck my N900 too much)..

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
You could make the changes public or better become the new maintainer of the code and others will for sure help you with ideas, code and testing.

Just an idea.
That's a good idea. Maybe I could ask if I could make the changes to public code repository.

Thank you for your willingnes to help! I wan't to be sure the application really works in practice before I let you guys test it. I'll keep you updated!

The Following User Says Thank You to kopla For This Useful Post:
any news from the battle field? :-d

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Hi guys

Last week I got the OBD-II reader from DealExtreme and I was able to test bluetooth connection in practise.
I noticed that the D-Bus API of the Bluez had changed compared to the N800/N810. That's why I had to make some changes to the code. Finally I got the bluetooth connection working but it doesn't work properly yet. Anyway I could test Carman in practise but it isn't very easy to get it working. Is there any bluetooth expert here? I will try to solve the bluetooth problem and other problems.

Here is a video from Carman in N900
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu5HeYEDTxk

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kopla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Great job... I'm impressed..I can not wait when I could connect my car

can be a problem with a sample rate .. I see that the processor in the N900 can not handle the refresh, and perhaps this is already a problem with bluetooth

Last edited by pabloniss; 2010-06-02 at 19:22.