Active Topics

Is it possible to have an alarm that requires you to shake the N900 for say 5 seconds or so before it will snooze/switch off?

There are so many alarms on the market these days that MAKE you get up I figure this could be a good one for phones as a lot of people use there phones as alarms.

Nothing vigorous of course, just a light shake that wouldn't cause any damage to components but would require effort for you to stop it.

JL

Originally Posted by Jayelzibub View Post
Is it possible to have an alarm that requires you to shake the N900 for say 5 seconds or so before it will snooze/switch off?
(Almost) everything is possible But if you need a starting point have a look into the developer guide and the code of shake2control. This might help you getting started

Daniel

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by Jayelzibub View Post

There are so many alarms on the market these days that MAKE you get up I figure this could be a good one for phones as a lot of people use there phones as alarms.

Nothing vigorous of course, just a light shake that wouldn't cause any damage to components but would require effort for you to stop it.

JL
you can flip the phone over to snooze it, but be careful, once i realised just how easy this is i barely woke up to snooze it and had to run out the door to make work on time! have went back to pressing the snooze button since!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Thats exactly why I want the shaking function

Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
you can flip the phone over to snooze it, but be careful, once i realised just how easy this is i barely woke up to snooze it and had to run out the door to make work on time! have went back to pressing the snooze button since!
Thanks! I just want to wake barely for snoozing and being in that state makes it too easy to hit the stop button instead. I always put the alarm 30-45 minutes before I should start considering actually getting up.

Shake to snooze with a relatively complicated procedure to stop (atleast two clicks in different places or something), so that it can't happen on accident, would be really nice for my use case.