Active Topics

imagine if they gave us all $50 ovi store credit... then there was nothing to spend it on, chortle chortle chortle

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to horus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Personally, I love my N900, but then again I'm a debian die-hard.

I'm the opposite of the OP, I have literally stopped using my laptop because with my N900 I can wirelessly log into a server, check to make sure things are working right, tail, whatever I wish to do my job (I'm a Linux administrator.) The fact that I can even browse to the Flash Operator Panel on our asterisk machine with it just rocks. I'd like to see the iPhone or... well hell anything else do that. Android soon enough, but still...

slaapliedje
Agreed, best thing ever and my laptop only comes out when I want a bigger keyboard.

I notice Vodafone have already pulled N900 from its display boards. :-(

rgds

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
i don't think the problem is the N900...the problem is Nokia.
the N900 is a good phone otherwise you wouldn't of brought it. like myself and others your frustrations most likely stem from the lack of apps, games, widgets etc that have been commercially released by nokia and developers who are already on their books (i.e EA, Digital Chocolate etc). whilst nokia do support with firmware updates, most of us just want them to provide a boastful ovistore experience for their N900 users. whether this will happen or not is another thing...?
i've recently been looking at the commerical support the n8 is getting, and to be honest it is depressing to think that on a new symbian platform (bear in mind maemo5 was also new at the time) the development support is overwhelming in comparison with the n900
if it wasn't for this community the n900 would be rendered useless in my opinion.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nathaneous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ cambridge,england
ive had this phone 4 months i brought it due to the fact on my last 3 phones ive used the internet alot more than the phone function and since it arrived i cant put it down im clocking up 6+hours a day surfing on it regularly.

my laptop has a thick layer of dust on it due to being obsolete since i got this.i absolutly love it im no techy but i am a geek at heart and love finding the solutions to any problems i have with the help of the net and the community.

i have a few gripes sure, the battery life sucks the media player is missing 3 key features imo,i want flash 10 and nokia are slow promising lots and not delivering but i can live with that because i spend more time using this device than any other phone ive ever had.

i reckon im gonna wear out the keyboard im on it so much theres just so much to love and im finding and learning new things all the time . if i lost or broke this phone i would want another one.

now i just wish i had the aptitude to delve deeper into its capabilitys.

this device is just awesome as a palm top computer not so great as a phone but thats not my main use for it so im extremely pleased with my purchase

Sadly I got to agree...

...but as more and more geek's buy this phone the more decent apps we are gone see, the truth is even with the lack of applications out there the n900 still truly rocks and has more potential then any other mobile device currently out there, even for gaming, shame most mobile software vendors continue to not show commercial interest in producing apps for this phone, maybe they just see the n900 as some kind of geek's phone and are afraid we are not got spend money buying apps...

So, If you want this phone to take off start to contact software vendors producing apps that you would like to buy, and asked them where can you buy the application which you like, the more commercial interest people start to show the more commercial apps we are gone see.

Last edited by windows7; 2010-06-03 at 22:13.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Moved thread to Nokia N900.

It's just a matter of perspective, really. More thorough research would have solved your ailment.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I suggest you to write an open letter to Nokia's CEO

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
I suggest you to write an open letter to Nokia's CEO
I used crayon and they STILL don't listen.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Nokia should compensate its customers on N900
No, but YOU should compensate ME for the wasted time of reading through this thread!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
Sadly I got to agree...

...but as more and more geek's buy this phone the more decent apps we are gone see, the truth is even with the lack of applications out there the n900 still truly rocks and has more potential then any other mobile device currently out there, even for gaming, shame most mobile software vendors continue to not show commercial interest in producing apps for this phone, maybe they just see the n900 as some kind of geek's phone and are afraid we are not got spend money buying apps...

So, If you want this phone to take off start to contact software vendors producing apps that you would like to buy, and asked them where can you buy the application which you like, the more commercial interest people start to show the more commercial apps we are gone see.
You have the right idea but wrong reason. Companies and most commercial developers are not developing apps for the N900 is due to its small userbase. The number of users isn't worth the time.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: