Notices

can someone explain to me how does the one ring handle incoming calls?

For example, I have a tmobile number, which is bound to my n900 sim card, and a gizmo5 number. Both are set in google voice, and both are to ring when someone calls my google voice number. In my n900, I have a SIP/gizmo5 account setup so I can take the SIP call over Wifi.

The problem is that with this setup, whenever someone calls my googlevoice number, I get two rings on my n900, one from tmobile, and one from SIP. This can be very bothersome sometimes as there will be two ring tones and one not stop even the other one is answered.

Can TOR handle this situation to *one ring* only?

Note that I need googlevoice to forward to both Gizmo5 and Tmobile so that I don't miss anycalls when I am not on Wifi networks.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by gm_w View Post
can someone explain to me how does the one ring handle incoming calls?

For example, I have a tmobile number, which is bound to my n900 sim card, and a gizmo5 number. Both are set in google voice, and both are to ring when someone calls my google voice number. In my n900, I have a SIP/gizmo5 account setup so I can take the SIP call over Wifi.

The problem is that with this setup, whenever someone calls my googlevoice number, I get two rings on my n900, one from tmobile, and one from SIP. This can be very bothersome sometimes as there will be two ring tones and one not stop even the other one is answered.

Can TOR handle this situation to *one ring* only?

Note that I need googlevoice to forward to both Gizmo5 and Tmobile so that I don't miss anycalls when I am not on Wifi networks.
The short answer is The One Ring does not affect in-bound calls I leave that all to GV. How would you imagine GV or TOR should handle a situation like this?

the logical method is (some other app perhaps) to set google voice's "phones to ring" to gizmo5 only when wifi is enabled, and set to tmobile when wifi is disabled

Originally Posted by gm_w View Post
the logical method is (some other app perhaps) to set google voice's "phones to ring" to gizmo5 only when wifi is enabled, and set to tmobile when wifi is disabled
Except for me who used SIP with my T-Mobile data plan. Besides that I don't think this kind of magic belongs in TOR. Too much policy, would be better as a separate utility.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
This might've been discussed before,but can TOR handle contacts from the builtin contacts app. I do remember a problem where it was doubling the contacts,so in my settings i have it were it never syncs contacts from GV, has this been fixed? The only reason i ask is because when smsing from TOR my contacts avatar or pic is not being shown.

I don't see my contacts' avatars with The One Ring, either. I guess I just figured that was the way it was. But it certainly would be nice.

is there a way to implement that if i call an international number it always routes through tor much like google voice for android?

Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
This might've been discussed before,but can TOR handle contacts from the builtin contacts app. I do remember a problem where it was doubling the contacts,so in my settings i have it were it never syncs contacts from GV, has this been fixed? The only reason i ask is because when smsing from TOR my contacts avatar or pic is not being shown.
The only integration with the built in contacts is starting phone calls. I have a bug out to Nokia about SMS.

Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I don't see my contacts' avatars with The One Ring, either. I guess I just figured that was the way it was. But it certainly would be nice.
Pre-1.2 (I just realized I didn't re-install TOR after I put 1.2 on so I can't so for sure about that) should have avatars that describe the phone type. I could try to grab google contact avatars but I'm I'd rather leave that for if/when they ever release a public GV API that integrates with all their other APIs.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
is there a way to implement that if i call an international number it always routes through tor much like google voice for android?
For now, I think its best to leave it such that you have to explicitly call through GV. How come that is a problem? The dialpad has a button for switching over to call with GV and contacts have a button to call using GV.

Anyone no longer receiving text messages (Maemo 4)? Dial central is getting notifications but no chat initiation.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Is there any way to completely disable texting notifications? I only want to use the one ring to place calls.

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5