Closed Thread
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by NokTokDaddy View Post
IThis thread has now run to 5 pages and turned from what was quite obviously a plea for help (or why else bother posting?) into a *****-slap between members who should (and I think do) know better.
Actually the OP clearly stated he didn't want help. Just venting.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I can see value in the first part. Rhetorical question: does tmo HAVE to be the place?
I'm just being practical. If we see something appears that may need to be collected and put away together, then make a collector for it. If you think there's a better place for it that they should go to (forum.nokia) then by all means plaster signposts to forum.nokia away so they're channeled to the right place.

And I disagree with the latter, especially since it's only natural for people to defend the status quo. In this case, of course, that's Maemo devices. That seems to be forgotten sometimes...
Yes, but they can do it more intelligently and more courteously. They don't have to be an *** about it.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
I'm no psychologist, but I'd call that a classic cry for help

We let off steam to those we know will sympathise and agree with us. Whilst the OP may have recognised a ready audience for a public rant, the tone of his post suggests otherwise:

He uses words like 'proud' and 'sexy' in relation to his N900 and states that he is only thinking of getting rid of it.

Perhaps his mind is now more made up by our negative responses...

The Following User Says Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
In that case, since we've wavered quite a bit from the original "topic," and things got a bit ugly...

This thread is now closed.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
don't feed the, negative, troll