Notices

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Bug found:
-> If the profile name has a period in it eg "Home samba 3.x", then wm has issues with displaying full name. Using that profile is impossible.
Work around: Renamed the file from the command line and replaced "." with "-" and we're back in business.

Are you looking for the first period from the beginning of the profile file name anywhere? Change the code to look reverse from the end of the file.
That should fix this.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Can anyone suggest the manual command equivalent to how WM connects via nfs?

Thanks

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Crashdot View Post
That's just it, I can only mount these shares using these console commands. If I try to mount with WM, even with what appear to be the same parameters, I still get the "connection refused" error.

I am hoping to discover what is different regarding the commands vs. WM.
Oh, probably a space or a dot somewhere, making the module connect to localhost. On NT, \\. is local. Not sure what \\ does.

Wait, I can just try Spaces in the name on NT yield an error.

Anyway, It's unlikely to be another PC, it probably tried local. Don't know how to open a port and test. Maybe netcat is ported?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

@uvatbc: thanks to report I will fix it asap

@Crashdot: The previous command line to mount samba/cifs share is exactly the same that wizard-mounter use, so I will bet the problems remain in the parameters.

BTW for mounting NFS by command line type:
mount -t nfs REMOTEIP:/SHARENAME /mnt/

Please keep in mind that in order to mount nfs you need to start the portmap service.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
I just found wizard mounter today, awesome app, worked first time out of box!

Thanks,
Fred

Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
@uvatbc: thanks to report I will fix it asap

@Crashdot: The previous command line to mount samba/cifs share is exactly the same that wizard-mounter use, so I will bet the problems remain in the parameters.

BTW for mounting NFS by command line type:
mount -t nfs REMOTEIP:/SHARENAME /mnt/

Please keep in mind that in order to mount nfs you need to start the portmap service.

Hello,
first of all sorry for my poor english, i am french (nobody is perfect ;-))
but i have the same problem than Crashdot.

So i look for the command line in your source code and i found this:
"/usr/bin/sudo /bin/mount -tcifs \"//%s/%s\" \"%s\" -ouser=\"%s\",pass=\"%s\",uid=%d,gid=%d,ip=%s\n"

so i check this command on my nokia N9OO and it works.... very strange because i have the "connection refused" error with WM.

In fact it works also with ",direct" add at the end of the command line.

But when i look in "/media/Remote_Filesystems/" i only found my directory "PUBLIC" (the one created by the command line) and no directory with a name such as (xxxx@ip_adress").
In your "mount" function you create the directory before the call to the mount command.
So maybe our problem occurs before, but i dont know for which cases you answer "connection refused".

my parameters are :
Server: 192.168.0.5
Remote: public
User: myusername
Password: mypassword

And believe me i tried so many times that i cant each time do a case sensitive mistake.

I hope you will find what's wrong with us, because i can only use your application to do the unmount (and it works). And i would like to mount with it.

Thank you for you great job,
sbernada.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Perhaps we could get to the bottom of this faster if WM would agree to log all command lines, as executed, to a file so we can spot differences?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

get some problems after installing wizard mounter and "apt-get install kernel-module-nls-utf8 kernel-module-ntfs samba-common nfs-common"

when I want to remove it again I get the following error message:

Errors were encountered while processing:
samba-common
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

What does it mean, and how can I remove all changes I have made when installing packages from above?

Thank you!

/var/lib/dpkg/info # rm samba-common.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info # apt-get remove samba-common

I have the folder sharing working for windows 7, however is there any way to access the folders shared through windows media player the same way the inbuilt player accesses them?