Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
HI,

I was still having some problems with Callnotify and noticed that there was a problem with a chmod command, on line 74 i had to insert a space after 766 to make it :
Code:
os.system("chmod 766 " + self.configDir+self.configFile)
Additionally callnotify wouldn't notify me of missed calls, and looking through the code it seems that the event type for calls is not correct and i had to change the code to 2:
Code:
select count(id) from Events where event_type_id = 2
And i am not sure that the outgoing = 0 is of any use for calls as its the incoming calls that we are missing (although it looks like its not being set by nokia event manager.

And with regard to the voting, the py2deb seems to have a problem, on the page you linked to, py2deb, it mentions the following under installation:
1 march 2010 Py2deb is broken. It creates an incorrect bug tracker link for your package in extras.

You can solve the bugtracker issue easily by editing /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/py2deb.py line 382 changing it from: bugtrackerstr = "XSBC-Bugtracker: %s" % ( self.xsbc_bugtracker ) into bugtrackerstr = self.xsbc_bugtracker

Rene

The Following User Says Thank You to rcastberg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by rcastberg View Post
HI,

I was still having some problems with Callnotify and noticed that there was a problem with a chmod command, on line 74 i had to insert a space after 766 to make it :
Code:
os.system("chmod 766 " + self.configDir+self.configFile)
Additionally callnotify wouldn't notify me of missed calls, and looking through the code it seems that the event type for calls is not correct and i had to change the code to 2:
Code:
select count(id) from Events where event_type_id = 2
And i am not sure that the outgoing = 0 is of any use for calls as its the incoming calls that we are missing (although it looks like its not being set by nokia event manager.

And with regard to the voting, the py2deb seems to have a problem, on the page you linked to, py2deb, it mentions the following under installation:
1 march 2010 Py2deb is broken. It creates an incorrect bug tracker link for your package in extras.

You can solve the bugtracker issue easily by editing /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/py2deb.py line 382 changing it from: bugtrackerstr = "XSBC-Bugtracker: %s" % ( self.xsbc_bugtracker ) into bugtrackerstr = self.xsbc_bugtracker

Rene
Rene, thank you for your comments.
Some comments of my own:

Regarding the missing space, thank you, I've added it (probably the hole line is not needed as it works fine with the error...).
About py2deb - thanks, this bugs me for several versions now, I'll fix that line.

Regarding the sqlite3 file (el-v1.db) - Are you using PR1.2? If you do, this must be a different between the firmwares for each region, or something like that. What is the region of the PR1.2 you use? This is not the first time I hear about 2 as the correct event, but for me it works with 3 (and probably for some other here, as they report CallNotify works fine with their firmware). I flashed the global eMMC + kernel.
And yes, outgoing for calls is redundant, thank you.

Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
Did you check if it's working in Windows?

Yes it is working in windows

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Yes, i am using the european version of pr1.2. What might have caused this difference is that i did a complete wipe (such that i didn't have el-v1.db).

What might be nessacary is to do a lookup in the events type in the database.
Starting sqlite3 with the database, i get:
Code:
sqlite> select * from EventTypes;
1|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CALL|1|Call
2|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CALL_MISSED|1|Missed call
3|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CALL_VOICEMAIL|1|Voicemail message
4|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_MESSAGE|2|Normal message
5|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_NOTICE|2|Notice
6|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_ACTION|2|Action message
7|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_AUTOREPLY|2|Autoreply message
8|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_JOIN|2|Groupchat join
9|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_LEAVE|2|Groupchat leave
10|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_TOPIC|2|Topic change
11|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_SMS_MESSAGE|3|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_SMS_MESSAGE
Which might be solved by calling a sqlquery on initialisation:
Code:
select id from EventTypes where desc="Missed call"

The Following User Says Thank You to rcastberg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ahmoda View Post
Yes it is working in windows
I see. Well, that's good, but my intention was to check if it can play properly in your N900, not your PC...

Originally Posted by rcastberg View Post
Yes, i am using the european version of pr1.2. What might have caused this difference is that i did a complete wipe (such that i didn't have el-v1.db).

What might be nessacary is to do a lookup in the events type in the database.
Starting sqlite3 with the database, i get:
Code:
sqlite> select * from EventTypes;
1|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CALL|1|Call
2|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CALL_MISSED|1|Missed call
3|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CALL_VOICEMAIL|1|Voicemail message
4|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_MESSAGE|2|Normal message
5|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_NOTICE|2|Notice
6|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_ACTION|2|Action message
7|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_AUTOREPLY|2|Autoreply message
8|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_JOIN|2|Groupchat join
9|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_LEAVE|2|Groupchat leave
10|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_CHAT_TOPIC|2|Topic change
11|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_SMS_MESSAGE|3|RTCOM_EL_EVENTTYPE_SMS_MESSAGE
Which might be solved by calling a sqlquery on initialisation:
Code:
select id from EventTypes where desc="Missed call"
That's a very good idea, but I think I'll do an "or" between 2 and 3, in order to show VoiceMail messages as well (assuming that VoiceMail means the count of new voice mail messages).

I see. Well, that's good, but my intention was to check if it can play properly in your N900, not your PC...

I have checked now through Xterm... The file is working using mplayer command line.

I have checked now through Xterm... The file is working using mplayer command line.
Although I'm still not sure that checking with mplayer is the same as the method I'm using to play the file, I'll have to assume that if you don't experience any other problems with sound, it's something with CallNotify.

One idea I have about what can be checked is the configuration file - maybe the settings menu won't save it correctly.

Please post the output of:
cat /home/user/.config/CallNotify/conf.txt

Although I'm still not sure that checking with mplayer is the same as the method I'm using to play the file, I'll have to assume that if you don't experience any other problems with sound, it's something with CallNotify.

One idea I have about what can be checked is the configuration file - maybe the settings menu won't save it correctly.

Please post the output of:
cat /home/user/.config/CallNotify/conf.txt

How you want me to check through Xterm?

However, i have no problem with sound at all..

The post from command cat /home/user/.config/CallNotify/conf.txt

"u;n;y;1.0"

Am i miss something????

How you want me to check through Xterm?
Exactly like you did the check in the following quotes...

However, i have no problem with sound at all..

The post from command cat /home/user/.config/CallNotify/conf.txt

"u;n;y;1.0"
1. about the "u" in the output - is that a typo? There is no reason for you to have a "u" there, only if you messed with the file manually.

Am i miss something????
2. No, you're not. I have no idea why CallNotify can't play sound in your device. Maybe it has something to do with a python library dependency I forgot to add to the package. Maybe not. Either way, I've run out of ideas about this issue for now...
If anyone want's to jump in, I'm using hildon_play_system_sound to play the sound.