Active Topics

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Yes, AdBlock Plus has some quirks that badly affect microB, specially 1.0.2 version which I found almost impossible to remove by conventional means.

rm -rf ~/.mozilla/microb will remove everything added to microB in the user space, basically reverting it to what it was when you first started it (you'll loose all the settings, bookmarks, passwords...) so you'll be starting with a clean state (unless you installed some extension that stores itself outside of the user space).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
hahaha, go and try to uninstall Internet Explorer on a Windows computer.
Stop that.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Also, Google has 1.2 million hits over this and I myself have a few tricks up my sleeve. Don't confuse reinstalling with "removing all trace of web controls". IE can be reinstalled, as in, all settings reset, all histories erased, all associated files fixed/updated/restored, etc right down to the point where it's fresh as in out-of-the-box. Reinstall != uninstall + install.

Also, pointing out to another browser on another platform where you KNOW it's integrated and laughing is less than helpful.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
If you have browser switch...delete that and retry...I have a similar issue when I installed the browser switch app to switch default browsers...See if that helps

The Following User Says Thank You to oralallen82 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by oralallen82 View Post
If you have browser switch...delete that and retry...I have a similar issue when I installed the browser switch app to switch default browsers...See if that helps
thanks dude, works great.

Originally Posted by andree View Post
instead of reinstalling/reflashing, you could also try only

rm -rf /home/user/.mozilla/microb

This worked for me.

i discovered that the browserd process seems to hang and consumes 99 percent of the cpu wich resulted in very fast battery drain. i removed the directory and it solved my problem

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kuwait

Thank you for this, This has helped uninstall my addons!

Thanks, this also worked for me. I was having problems with browser not processing cookies properly, and causing URL redirection error.

One thing: this does not erase browser settings and bookmarks, as was mentioned in another post here. Some of the browser settings are in

/home/user/.browser

and the bookmarks are in

/home/user/.bookmarks/

However, my cache size was changed to 5MB (from 20MB) when I removed the microb directory; everything else (settings and bookmarks) appears to be unchanged.