Active Topics

Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zgold550 View Post
Taomyn -- which version of Zhaan are you running? From extras-devel or extras-testing? I have put Zhaan on the backburner a bit lately (things have been busy) but I am expecting that by mid-June or so I'll have my normal amount of time for fun hacking again and I'll try and get some version of Zhaan into extras.

I'm curious about your Pausing problems. You say your media server is Twonky and your using XMBC on a HTPC as a renderer? I havn't tried using the XBMC renderer yet (I didnt even know it could act as a renderer)
"testing" I presume as i don't have "devel" - it's v 0.1-8 according to the app manager.

Yes, Twonky runs on the NAS and I get Zhaan to control XBMC - normally XBMC plays direct off the NAS using the windows share I have on it.

I did quickly try choosing "XBMC" on both sides of Zhaan, but it couldn't see any media on XBMC just the root folders. I'll try it again sometime this weekend.

Ah. I just promoted version 0.5-1, which should contain a whole bunch of bug fixes and improved functionality. Let me know how that works out!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zgold550 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zgold550 View Post
Ah. I just promoted version 0.5-1, which should contain a whole bunch of bug fixes and improved functionality. Let me know how that works out!
Well, then pause/resume is fixed, however I can't browse any folder on XMBC that contains media, the app just sits there with the "in progress" icon whirling away. I can navigate the folders if they are empty of files, so a sub-folder is ok, but once it hits files it just sits there.

Twonky works just fine as the source for XBMC, just XBMC as the source doesn't work.

Can you do me a favor? I suspect XBMC is sending some kind of weird response. Try the following:

* Open a terminal (the "X Terminal" application icon)
* type in: "/opt/zhaan/bin/zhaan" (without the quotes)
(Zhaan will now open)
* Try and browse the XBMC source, get to the point where you have the hanging buzy icon
* Copy and paste the output to pastie.org (or a similar pastbin type application) and link that to here.

Thanks

zgold,

i can browse my xbmc source, but i still get a lot of errors in the terminal output. here's a sample

Code:
 $ /opt/zhaan/bin/zhaan
/usr/share/pyshared/zhaan/gui/hildonplaylist.py:13: Warning: /home/bifh4/fremantle-arm-fremantle1.2.cs2007q3/work/glib2.0-2.20.3/gobject/gsignal.c:1544: signal "play" already exists in the `GObject' class ancestry
  gobject.TYPE_BOOLEAN, (gobject.TYPE_PYOBJECT,))
namespace error : Namespace prefix dc on title is not defined
<item id="musicdb://3/418/5864.mp3" parentID="" restricted="1"><dc:title>Girl</d
                                                                        ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix dc on creator is not defined
/3/418/5864.mp3" parentID="" restricted="1"><dc:title>Girl</dc:title><dc:creator
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on artist is not defined
d="1"><dc:title>Girl</dc:title><dc:creator>Jim Sturgess</dc:creator><upnp:artist
                                                                               ^
/dc:creator><upnp:artist>Jim Sturgess</upnp:artist><upnp:artist role="Performer"
                                                                               ^
rtist role="Performer">Jim Sturgess</upnp:artist><upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist"
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on album is not defined
pnp:artist><upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Jim Sturgess</upnp:artist><upnp:album
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on genre is not defined
<upnp:album>Across the Universe: Deluxe Edition (disc 1)</upnp:album><upnp:genre
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on albumArtURI is not defined
e Edition (disc 1)</upnp:album><upnp:genre>Unknown</upnp:genre><upnp:albumArtURI
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on originalTrackNumber is not defined
humbnails%2FMusic%2F7%2F70ce88fe.tbn</upnp:albumArtURI><upnp:originalTrackNumber
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on class is not defined
rtists/Across the Universe_ Deluxe Edition (disc 1)/01 Girl.mp3</res><upnp:class
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix dc on title is not defined
<item id="musicdb://3/418/5864.mp3" parentID="" restricted="1"><dc:title>Girl</d
                                                                        ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix dc on creator is not defined
/3/418/5864.mp3" parentID="" restricted="1"><dc:title>Girl</dc:title><dc:creator
                                                                               ^
d="1"><dc:title>Girl</dc:title><dc:creator>Jim Sturgess</dc:creator><upnp:artist
                                                                               ^
/dc:creator><upnp:artist>Jim Sturgess</upnp:artist><upnp:artist role="Performer"
                                                                               ^
rtist role="Performer">Jim Sturgess</upnp:artist><upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist"
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on album is not defined
pnp:artist><upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Jim Sturgess</upnp:artist><upnp:album
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on genre is not defined
<upnp:album>Across the Universe: Deluxe Edition (disc 1)</upnp:album><upnp:genre
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on albumArtURI is not defined
e Edition (disc 1)</upnp:album><upnp:genre>Unknown</upnp:genre><upnp:albumArtURI
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on originalTrackNumber is not defined
humbnails%2FMusic%2F7%2F70ce88fe.tbn</upnp:albumArtURI><upnp:originalTrackNumber
                                                                               ^
namespace error : Namespace prefix upnp on class is not defined
rtists/Across the Universe_ Deluxe Edition (disc 1)/01 Girl.mp3</res><upnp:class
                                                                               ^
Exiting
~ $
hope thats of use somehow! thanks for this app, it makes a great remote for my media box

Can anybody who is using Zhaan + XBMC as a source please post:

Maemo Version
Zhaan Version
XBMC Version

OS that XBMC is running on (Windows, Linux etc.) and what version of that OS (Ubuntu Jaunty or Karmic, Windows XP or Vista etc.)

How XBMC was installed (did you compile from source? download a .exe or a .msi from a website? apt-get install?). Please include any links if possible here so I can install the same way you did.

A quick update -- I spoke to some of my UPnP frends, and it seems to be an issue with XBMC + GUPnP which is causing those namespace errors (aka not something I can fix in Zhaan itself, it's a problem with a dependency or in XBMC itself). We're still looking for a solution

Ok, here we go:

Maemo Version: PR 1.2 10.2010.19-1
Zhaan Version: 0.5-1
XBMC Version: I'm using xbmc live (bootable live media distro of xbmc), which is based on xbmc 9.11, and runs on karmic. You can fetch it here https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbm...k.zip/download

For me, everything works nicely atm. I can browse the library, choose an item to playback, and control playback with play/pause/etc. The only thing broken is the "play control" screen - it's unable to get any information on the current song, and just displays "unknown".

Ah, that explains things, though I wonder if my particular issue is related to the Windows version as I get no items at all. I haven't had a chance to get a log of the point where the app just sits there, but will try to do so tonight.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Found the reason

Last edited by mele; 2010-10-12 at 07:52.