no processor of n900 would be dead by this method as it is just underclocked to save power. It's true potential is at 1.1ghz its just been reduced by nokia. Thats just it. If you would truly overclock it then it could be up to 1.5ghz maximum capacity. This discussions really make me shiver lol! Why would want such high specs on this device? Are you planning on running vmware that emulates windows 7 and play high end MMORPG like WoW, AION, Guildwars etc. on it?

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
no processor of n900 would be dead by this method as it is just underclocked to save power. It's true potential is at 1.1ghz its just been reduced by nokia. Thats just it. If you would truly overclock it then it could be up to 1.5ghz maximum capacity. This discussions really make me shiver lol! Why would want such high specs on this device? Are you planning on running vmware that emulates windows 7 and play high end MMORPG like WoW, AION, Guildwars etc. on it?
I'm sure if people could, they would.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndrewG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
im scared i overclocked my n900 to 800mhz,any problem will happen???plz tell me what should i do?should i back to stock image???

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I'm sure if people could, they would.
LOL! Then Doomsday on IBM, HP, Acer, Lenovo and other leading computer manufacturer brands
Also goodbye modems as tablets don't need them.

Been running my N900 at 900mhz or 950mhz for a bit over 4 months with no problems.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Been running mine @ 1GHz for 3 months or so, never had any problem, even on intense 100% cpu usage.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Originally Posted by tmarinos View Post
Jakiman, I too run at 500-1000 MHz on ideal, but with 3G and WIFI on all day, my N900 is flat after 9-10 with some medium usage.

I was wondering, with what sounds like heavy usage, you say you easily get 24 hours out of yours, is that with 3G and WIFI on the whole time?
If it is connected to WiFi, it hardly consumes any battery. If it is connected only to 3G though, then yes, it does die much sooner(though not in 9-10 hours). I would suggest that unless you are actively using the device for browsing, switch the phone to 2G/2.5G and that would extend your battery life significantly. Alternately, 250MHz minimum clock seems to offer better battery life with 3G than 500MHz (ideal)

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by eitama View Post
Been running mine @ 1GHz for 3 months or so, never had any problem, even on intense 100% cpu usage.
What voltage and DSP mhz are you using for 1ghz?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by freakshuvo View Post
im scared i overclocked my n900 to 800mhz,any problem will happen???plz tell me what should i do?should i back to stock image???
You can go back to the stock image if you want. There is nothing to worry about -- the worst thing that would happen would be that you'd wake up in the morning and your N900 would have turned into a pile of dust.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I'm waiting for Cortex-A9 dual core MeeGO lol.... I'm not buying any more phone until it has A9 in it.

Yeah I've read about this Ti OMAP3430 spec from here.. It is capable of running at 1GHz

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-p...running-600mhz