that's why I created this suggestion http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48286

but no one cares till their n900s got stolen...

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Thanks for interest everyone.
Just to explain some things: it was a burglary, brute force, police is involved, we are aware of IMEI mechanisms.

As soon as the phones leave the country, it is getting extremely difficult to track them down, as only the register of blacklisted emails is kept updated, there is no central register of phones connected to any network in the world. Thus my request to community.

@HellFlyer, yes. One of the apps developed by students, event, time and location based reminders and profiles was just suspended in development.

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
Hi everyone,

Sad news, in my lab at Danish Technical University we had a large number of N900s stolen.
Most of the phones have danish keyboard so probably they will appear on the danish/norwegian/swedish market, but not necessarily.

At this moment, I will not yet provide IMEI numbers of the stolen phones, but I ask you:
If you see an N900 in a perfect state for sale, but without box or any papers, please contact me.
If you see a larger number of N900s for sale, without boxes or papers, please contact me.

Why is it important? Those are not our private phones, those are used by students for projects and learning. I guess those are as much 'community phones' as it gets.

My contact info: arekquest@gmail.com or PM.

Thank you.

[edit] Another clue: see those N900s among N95s, X6s, N810s, 5800s, N97s? Those can be also ours.
I am sorry to hear that, I will keep an eye out here in Sweden.
I hope you get them back.

What a shame! I really hope you get those back real fast! The good news is, that the danish keyboard will set them apart from the crowd.
And some in danish: Hvor er det nedtur! Jeg håber sgu at I får dem knaldet!

Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
Why is it important? Those are not our private phones, those are used by students for projects and learning. I guess those are as much 'community phones' as it gets.
Sounds really exciting. What do you use them for? Do you have some kind of project homepage?

@MOC check out http://milab.imm.dtu.dk/

I am sorry to hear that, if i see any suspicious n900 surface in my region i will report to you.