Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Frankfurt, Germany
I noticed that when I'm on GPRS, data usage gets counted towards my 'home' data usage and 'roaming' stays at 0, both viewed via personal data plan monitor and via settings->telephone.
Anybody got any idea why that's happening and how I can change it?

Last edited by Manul; 2010-06-04 at 16:46.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Roaming is for when you are on a different network. So it will only start counting if you go abroad I believe.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
I see, thanks. Is there any way to track my gprs data usage separately from wifi?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London, UK.
Originally Posted by Manul View Post
Is there any way to track my gprs data usage separately from wifi?
Just to make it clear, the data usage only shows GPRS data (home network or roaming), not WiFi transfers.

Cheers,
Mark.

The Following User Says Thank You to markcub For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
I've been puzzling over the data usage since the update. I haven't roamed off my network at all, but all my data usage is recorded under roaming. I get Zero usage on the Home data usage.

Of course, this is since the 1.2 update.

I am using the Fido network.

Originally Posted by markcub View Post
Just to make it clear, the data usage only shows GPRS data (home network or roaming), not WiFi transfers.
Okay, great, thanks a lot. I think what seemed like huge numbers in the widget confused me here. It doesn't use a localized number format, so I mistook the decimal separator for a thousands separator, misread the numbers by a factor 1000 and thus assumed they must be WiFi traffic. Thanks a lot for clearing that up!

Edit: Is there any way for me to change the thread title to mark it as solved?

Last edited by Manul; 2010-06-04 at 16:48.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Eindhoven, NL
@Grok Also my home network data traffic is seen as roaming. So maybe you are also hit by bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10562 ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulvt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
I've been puzzling over the data usage since the update. I haven't roamed off my network at all, but all my data usage is recorded under roaming. I get Zero usage on the Home data usage.

Of course, this is since the 1.2 update.

I am using the Fido network.
I'd assume this is because Rogers merged Fido's network into theirs, so there is no home network.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
That's not the worse - Pre P.R. 1.2 My N900 indicated that I had downloaded 2MB worth of data and uploaded 1MB worth of data - the bill came and I had only transferred 2kb worth of information up AND down. >.>

Originally Posted by markcub View Post

Cheers,
Mark.
Hello all! I have another question, then how would be possible to meassure the data used over WIFI, do you know if there is any application or way to see that?
Thank you in advance