Active Topics

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@brank: are you sure about that? A quick local loading/lookup function should consume negligible power drain compared to pulling something over 3G.

@atilla77: oh, I meant on iPhones one thing good about those suckers is that their dock connector is made to hook up with many mates day-in and day-out without much fatigue.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Have you actually tried this ? The N900 battery is really, REALLY small compared to any battery pack. I know because I switched a battery pack for 2 backup BL5Js, and they last longer and take up less space in pockets. Plus, with the USB port story, I do not exactly want a battery pack hanging on my N900 any more than necessary.
And it is really, really annoying to have to switch off your device, unpack the cover, switch it on and replace the battery every day of the week.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post

A few weeks ago, my friend told me he was really disappointed that the iPad didn't have at least a front facing camera and microphone. I didn't think much of it at the time, but now it seems like a glaring oversight.
...or a hint that the iPad 2 is coming soon

I am finding it hugely amusing that, after so many people bashed the Gizmodo leak because "it's ugly, it has seams, looks like a Chinese rip-off"; now, after Jobs' speech, it's suddenly beautiful.

Edit: LOL

http://i.imgur.com/DHP8p.jpg

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
is the resolution real 960x480 or fake resolution like the nexus one?
I think nobody knows atm...
If it is fake resolution it won't be a real step forward.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@brank: are you sure about that? A quick local loading/lookup function should consume negligible power drain compared to pulling something over 3G.
I've only got this to back me up tbh.

http://jon.oberheide.org/files/mobiv...obilecloud.pdf

Re-read what you said. Yeah I'm pretty sure it would consume less power to use CPU for minor tasks. But as you would need a small cpu on the phone maybe it could handle some smaller tasks. Hybrid!

Last edited by Brank; 2010-06-07 at 19:20.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Damn that thing is good, the battery, camera, screen, ios4, tons of cracked apps...

I am a little dissapointed with the iPhone 4G though. I was expecting more.

Why? Because competition is good. The better the iPhone is (especially hardware wise) the better other devices will be. And as someone who will be buying an Android (or Meego if it's any good) in 3-4 years I want the envelope pushed!

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Mehh... HTC 4G Evo is the winner for me in any case. The only issue for both is the lack of 4g support in UK

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@mrojas: I agree that steve jobs has some inhumane hypnotism powers, but changing the aesthetic appreciation of iPhone 4 isn't one of them. There were more positive responses about its look than negative ones as far as I've read.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever