Notices

i dont know how to make it work, it conect but then disconect is there any other way to make it work, beside the aplication from app manager?

just to throw it out there, i'm having similar connect and then disconnect issues on OSX. and i've tried it on two different macs running leopard.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pakistan
same connect/disconnect issue here with windows 7. works fine on Fedora OS

what i did is the following; i went to the bluetooth devices on my pc and remove the previuos configuration on my n900, after that i remove all the paired config of devices of my cell, then i switch off the bluetooth on my cell and pc, then i restarted the bluetooth on both devices (pc and cell) and open bluemaemo and paired them as ussually but this time i gave some time to the "waiting for connection" on the bluemaemo screen and the i look on my pc that when the device (cell) got connected to the pc it showed an icon like a keyboard instead of the cell icon that ussually appears, so after that on the cell appeared the screen where u can acces to all the differents actions (mouse,keyboard,presentations etc) now the cell was connected with bluemaemo and it works really really good, i can do everything with this.

something even better to follow:
1. delete the bluetooth phone entry on your pc if it's already there
2. delete the bluetooth pc entry on your phone if it's already there
(so afterwards both devices shouldn't "know" each other ^^)
3. make sure that bluetooth on both devices is disabled
4. start bluemaemo on n900
5. click on "wait for connection"
6. activate bluetooth on your pc and search for devices
(n900 should be recognized as "other" or "hid" - not as phone afaik)
7. pair both devices
8. the "waiting for connection..." window on the n900 should disappear and it should show the bluemaemo menu
9. now it should work properly ^^
(10. if not - maybe restart your pc and try again)
(11. if step 10 doesn't help make steps 1 - 9 again... i had to do it several times too before it worked for me)

Last edited by peacekeper; 2010-05-15 at 08:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peacekeper For This Useful Post:
Hi, has anyone been able to successfully use BlueMaemo with Mac OS X 10.6.3? I have the following issues:

I can pair my Macbook with my N900 using the "waiting for connection" approach only, i.e. I click on Wait for connection in BlueMaemo and then Set up a new bluetooth device on my MB. I get the following results in Mac's Bluetooth Set up Assistant:

* Pairing was completed successfully
* Use as an audio output device
* Use as an audio input device
* Use as an input device on this computer
* Use to transfer files

And the following services can be seen in Bluetooth preferences:

* AVRCP CT
* AVRCP TG
* BlueZ HID Mouse & Keyboard
* File Transfer Server
* Hands-Free audio gateway
* Handset audio Gateway
* Nokia OBEX PC Suite Services
* Nokia SyncML Server
* Object Push Server
* SyncML Client

(Note: When setting up the N900 there is no dialog box where you can select which services do you want to use with the N900, e.g. disable headset features)

Then I can connect BueMaemo to my MB but nothing works, mouse, keyboard, media player, and when I start clicking buttons arround in BlueMaemo the device suddenly disconnects with the following warning:

Disconnected by the Remote Device
Reconnect?

(also Keyboard Set up assista shows up for a sec when connecting)

I've followed most applicable suggestions in this thread and the wiki, but I haven't succeeded.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by gjasso; 2010-05-15 at 19:40.

Very nice application

Would it be possible to have have other keyboard layouts? Using Norwegian Dvorak on my laptop at the moment, and the virtual keyboard in Bluemaemo doesn't match very well

In addition it seems like PR1.2 broke the hardware keyboard workaround

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by gjasso View Post
Then I can connect BueMaemo to my MB but nothing works, mouse, keyboard, media player, and when I start clicking buttons arround in BlueMaemo the device suddenly disconnects with the following warning:

Disconnected by the Remote Device
Reconnect?

(also Keyboard Set up assista shows up for a sec when connecting)

I've followed most applicable suggestions in this thread and the wiki, but I haven't succeeded.

Any ideas?

Thanks
I'm having the exact same results as you (OS X 10.6). I've tried every possible means of getting it to work with the Mac without success.. I just doesn't seem to want to stay connected

I've noticed that if you keep BlueTooth prefs open while trying to get BlueMaemo to connect, the pref pane shows it connecting and then disconnecting a couple of seconds later (even before the message saying the remote device disconnected appears in BlueMaemo).

It's during that brief time that the Keyboard Setup window appears saying that the keyboard can't be used (and as soon as the device disconnects, the Keyboard window disappears as well).. I'm guessing there's something about the keyboard driver that's not getting along with OS X and causing it to give up trying to 'talk' to BlueMaemo (just a hunch though).

I'd love to have this working..

I had bluemaemo installed and working before PR1.2. now i cant get bluemaemo to install. i keep getting a libeina0 package conflict.

I've tried:
apt-get autoremove libeina0 (says not installed)
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install bluemaemo (broken packages)

any ideas?

Just a couple of quick questions. I re-installed bluemaemo a few weeks after upgrading to PR1.2 and it works OK except now the work-around for getting the hardware keyboard going doesn't seem to make any difference. Any chance this might get fixed?

Also, I still don't see a way to send tab or alt-tab.

Thanks for a great application!

I'm having trouble. I have windows seven, and an N810. they can pair over bt just fine, but when I open bluemaemo, I get 'waiting for connection', and it never connects. I tried searching through this thread but it's long. Is there an order I need to follow, or a process? If so can anyone help me to know what it is?

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid