Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Re: hardware step ups.

Yes, of course newer devices have chance to incorporate newer tech than those released months/years before. But one more element in that equation is the effect of new software to existing ecosystem (backward compatibility, etc) such as: screen size, resolution, CPU/gpu changes, etc.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I was referring to the posts by a user insisting the N900 can do everything the iPhone can do.
Sorry, my quote didn't intend any offense to you.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Because; oh surprise, a just released device has better hardware and some newer features that one that got released the past year.

Wait for a MeeGo device (or S4) and then make comparisons.
The point is Nokia is always behind...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Yea, they made some good ad for FaceTime:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features...facetime-video
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
please be specific? Name me one feature that N900 doesn`t have.
Here's some features N900 have, but not not quite usable in real world

- FM transmitter, never managed to work even with booster. I'm in a very dense populated area
- video out. Huge black borders and horrible quality on a digital LCD TV
- font facing camera, quality is just barely passable, like a laptop camera from the 90's
- video recording, jerky and misses frames
- removable battery. It has to be removable because of the very poor battery life when using 3G (wifi is OK)

At least Apple releases features that actually work and are usable out of the box

The Following User Says Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Exactly. Nokia's next device will seem awesome on paper, probably due to better hardware, but in use the iPhone 4 will have much better support from 3rd parties and Apple themselves.

Maemo 5 is still buggy as hell compared to Android/iOS3
Maemo repos still doesn't offer over 50 quality applications
Ovi Store is a joke

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Is it? Right when the N900 got released, the N900 was so "behind" that its shares actually went up. If you say behind in hype and marketing, then I fully agree.

Off course, we are still waiting for this year's flagship for Nokia. Android has the EVO, Apple now has the 4...

What I find silly is to try and compare two radically different devices; made with different goals. The iPhone is a polished consumer device that trades form over function, the 4th generation of its kind. The N900 is practically a prototype that trades function over form; made to pave the way for future devices.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Well... the only option is to catch the A-train now... no need to get hopes high on Nokia!

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Apple made a nice move with the increased resolution of the screen. Somebody better go to 1024x768 so that MOST websites don't have to be scrolled. And a bigger screen is always welcomed. I don't like Apple that much, but the FACT is they do innovate from time to time. Frankly I don't believe software is innovation, at least not the majority of them. Nokia is not that far behind either... N8 having USB-OTG and HDMI and Xenon Flash with a great camera on a slim package are features general public will like.

I hope everyone b*tching about Nokia and singing Apple's praises makes a quick exit. It'll quiet down these forums a lot.

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever