Notices

Hi,

Frederic, I somehow missed your post.. I'm still not using tomotko because I can't input the chinese characters now. And its not available in my desktop distro. Maybe I should look into it. Will see how time permits.

Regarding the messed up layout, there are some posts about it in the devel mailing list:
http://maemo.org/community/maemo-dev...oduced_issues/

And continuing here (the author didn't keep the thread intact):
http://maemo.org/community/maemo-dev...oduced_issues/

It looks like the same issue. I suggest to wait and see how it turns out (I'm subscribed so I can inform you if I don't forget)

The Following User Says Thank You to lukash For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FBergeron View Post
Thanks for reporting this issue. Indeed, there are some layout problems that were not visible in the emulator.

Another thing that is funny is the progress bar in the bottom of the third screenshots. I thought it was not visible on Maemo.

I think that you have tried the version that is in extras repository though. This is an older version.

The latest version is in extras-devel (http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...2-9fremantle2/) and should look a lot better.

Anyone can try and submit screenshots please?
Just tested the version from extras-devel. The layout is completely different from the screenshots (I'm not familiar with the application, you really did so many changes there Frederic?), but I see no layout issues whatsoever. Don't have the time to make screenshots now though, sorry.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Nagoya, Japan
Yes, I have completely changed the layout because it was not working at all with PR1.1. Now with PR1.2, it seems that it works though... Still, I don't think it was a waste of time. I believe that the new layout is more appropriate for the N900 and makes the application easier to use.

Concerning the Input Method bug, I'm really sorry about that. I can't wait for someone to fix that. It makes the toMOTko application a lot less useful. I'm confident that it will be fixed eventually... but when?

The Following User Says Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
Yes, I have completely changed the layout because it was not working at all with PR1.1. Now with PR1.2, it seems that it works though... Still, I don't think it was a waste of time. I believe that the new layout is more appropriate for the N900 and makes the application easier to use.
Mostly it is, I guess. Though I definitely like the tabs in the options more than the buttons..

Concerning the Input Method bug, I'm really sorry about that. I can't wait for someone to fix that. It makes the toMOTko application a lot less useful. I'm confident that it will be fixed eventually... but when?
Yeah, exactly.. Thats what I asked firstfan too Got no reply though. I guess developers generally don't like the ETA kind of questions, though I tried to be gentle Anyway, we can either wait or help out... I wish days had more hours.

Honestly, I also prefer the tabs. However, the buttons seem to be more "standard" on the N900. Fortunately, you should not use the Preferences very often when using the application. I have used toMOTko daily for years now and seldom invoke the Preferences dialog. I do it occasionnaly to select different revealing orders and that's it.

Here are some screenshots from the version in devel:

]

Seems to work nicely, although I have no glossaries on the phone atm to properly test it. In my opinion the new preferences are much better, there isn't enough room on the small screen for tabs. I think that if you display 800*400 pixels on your PC monitor it looks much bigger than it actually is on the device. The fonts you currently have for instance are more or less the minimum acceptable size for the display (and people with low eyesight would probably want them bigger).

Thanks for taking the time to port this to the platform even though you don't have a device. If you need me to run any experiments for you just let me know, I'm subscribed to this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to feydrutha For This Useful Post:
Anyone can tell me if the text in the Help window should use a larger font?

Anyone can tell me if the text in the Help window should use a larger font?
Hi Frederic.

The font in the help is smaller than most other fonts on the device, but still reasonably readable, and I can reliably click the links with my finger. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt to increase it a bit.

The other font that is unnecessarily small IMO is the one on the buttons in the main menu (the one you get by tapping at the top with "start quiz","search", etc options).

ciao

The Following User Says Thank You to feydrutha For This Useful Post:
In my opinion, the font in the help is somewhat small but fine with me (I prefer it that way, more text fits on the screen).

I agree the menu font is way too small. Maybe you could try leaving the default font size for this?

I have already enlarged the fonts this morning. I'm using the default size. I hope to release a new version in less than 2 weeks. I think it could be the last version before releasing it into extras so if you see anything to fix, it's a good time to tell me about it.

Last edited by FBergeron; 2010-06-10 at 05:55.