Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
Erm I have another noob question, shall I start a new thread or does one exist already?

i have copy&pasted a install script which does almost all the steps from page 30. You only have to get your bluetoothmac and the devicenode (ex. /dev/sde/ ) of your sd card on the pc.

to find out the dev node i use gparted. it has a nice gui and it lists all available devices with their devnode and size (so you don't pick the hdd )
to find out your bt mac just use the command on page 30 or look under phone information in settings.

the script needs two parameters:
1. dev node
2. bt mac
and also the latest rootfs from DJ_steve (page:72) and kernel from page (30)

then just put everything in the directory where you extracted the script and start it like "sudo ./myscript.sh sdf 03ffca2228" where sdf is the dev node and 03ff... is your mac

so it formats the device sdf and edits the file with the bt mac.

EDIT #2: I forgot to mention that you have to flash Dj_steves kernel manually( ! ) it can be built in the script but i think it is not necessary.

DISCLAIMER:
i tried it on my pc and it worked, but i can not guarantee that it won't screw something up. so as always: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

if you try it please let me know if it works for you, thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip installscript.zip (475 Bytes, 95 views)

Last edited by CrckMc; 2010-06-08 at 12:12.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
sweet that looks helpful

Originally Posted by CrckMc View Post
i have copy&pasted a install script which does almost all the steps from page 30. You only have to get your bluetoothmac and the devicenode (ex. /dev/sde/ ) of your sd card on the pc.

to find out the dev node i use gparted. it has a nice gui and it lists all available devices with their devnode and size (so you don't pick the hdd )
to find out your bt mac just use the command on page 30 or look under phone information in settings.

the script needs two parameters:
1. dev node
2. bt mac
and also the latest rootfs from DJ_steve (page:72) and kernel from page (30)

then just put everything in the directory where you extracted the script and start it like "sudo ./myscript.sh sdf 03ffca2228" where sdf is the dev node and 03ff... is your mac

so it formats the device sdf and edits the file with the bt mac.

EDIT #2: I forgot to mention that you have to flash Dj_steves kernel manually( ! ) it can be built in the script but i think it is not necessary.

DISCLAIMER:
i tried it on my pc and it worked, but i can not guarantee that it won't screw something up. so as always: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

if you try it please let me know if it works for you, thanks.

Will the script work if fdisk doesn't? I just get cannot open /dev/sdd

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
you need to find the device node of your mem card

oh, Is /dev/sdd not it then? It says it is in gparted and dmesg..

maybe it is mounted? try umount /dev/sdd or unmount in your filemanager

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't, but i'll try again when I get home. Thanks.
By the way, how does that script partition the MicroSD? Also, has anyone tried it yet?

i think only i tried it but it should do the steps described in page 30 and parses fdisk the list of commands. you can also open up the script in a editor and look what it does.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
The steps on pg30 are simple anyhow.
Use 'GParted' on linux (ubuntu/debian/mint and others). You can even use GParted on N900.

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid