Active Topics

Originally Posted by mymo900 View Post
sir the clueless endusers "masses" you refer to are the actual people whp buy nokia devices with their hard earned money. as a consumer everyone wants the best out of the product they bought. and n900 users or your so called masses feels cheated by nokia.

And thank God for Apple that it came and raised the bar,else nokia would be still making phones with symbian s60. admit it or not. apple just raised the bar for making great friendly ui and admirable electronics.
Couldn't agree more. No end users, then no hardware or software worth developing. Maemo may be opensource but it still needs users to exist. And frankly, there is simply not enough support for Maemo.

I've asked a few questions about flashing and updating my apps and all I seem to get is abuse for asking what the tech heads on this site consider to be stupid questions.

Bottom line is, I'm not a programmer or developer. I'm a product user and would expect Maemo, Nokia and Vodafone to do a damn site more to help customer when they have a problem with the device.

I'm no Apple fan, but I have family who own Iphones and they rate the end user support as the best out there

The Following User Says Thank You to n900faniam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
I think the techies around here should be more helpful to users around here who are less knowledgeable. It seems this forum is getting a lot of rude comments to harmless questions. This is a community; not everyone can use linux with their eyes closed so posters should be more considerate and helpful and not make others feel like crap. Besides, almost everyone here paid to get n900 or some other nokia phone. It seems every criticism toward the n900 is getting treated like a whine.
Come on people start behaving like adults and not litle brats.

As to the new iPhone. Hmmm....flashy....nice...better than 3gs...oh wait NO FLASH again what the heck? I guess one can understand however why iPhone takes over the market. It certainly is user friendly.

Note: even n900 could be user friendly if posts here are helpful and not degrading or insulting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fieryriver For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
However, do be aware what your getting when you by the iPhone4:
- iAds
- VideoCall only supports WiFi
- Products hardware is fairly mediocre
- Apple are against you doing what you want with their product
without even having considered to buy an iPhone 4, the keynote transscripts gave me quite different information:

- iAds are a replacement for ads that are already in many free or cheap apps, and the programmer decides if he wants to include it, to make more money.
- FaceTime is wi-fi for now, but Apple has to “work a little bit with cellular providers”, so it's not intended to stay wi-fi only, but also to become an industrial standard.
- When I got my first 770, I was amazed by the hi-res display. That was end of 2005. Nice stuff. Now we have a >320dpi display with a 1ghz arm, wi-fi n, gyroscope, an extraordinary camera chip and more, all in a housing made of steel and glass, half the thickness of the 900. This time I know I will be amazed again when I get it in my hands.
- After all these years of using mobile devices I know exactly what I want. And from what I read so far there is absolutely nothing that I cannot do. Same for most of my collegues, friends and family members. All I can't do with an app I most likely can do with a browser. What gives?

Or do you want to tell me what I should want to do?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merk For This Useful Post:
i have worked as sysadmin on unix systems for years, but it wouldnt hurt to dispense a little advic to novice users who havent worked on linux or unix before. But no, the folks here have the high handed belief that anyone who knows a bit of linux is much better than the rest of us. and the world is an idiotic place without any flavour of nix. Wake up i say. this is the reason linux could never catchu up with windows. user friendliness. i have worked on solaris aix and rhel4, but i prefer an xp machine to do my daily work tasks. sure the enterprise apps in my company run on nix flavours and nothing beats that. but i m not smug about it and dont think that makes any less of an os than any of the other unix flavoured oses i mentioned. respect apple for what it has bought to the table. only if nokia could take a few lessons out of it and get their act together, before it becomes the 900th distro of an abstract os.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mymo900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I bet nobody from Nokia is taking notice of the new iphone 4 features. Oh did I say iphone 3g/3gs all are updatable to the new iphone 4 OS?. They are concentrated on their next meego device with will come with whole lots of bugs and be in fashion for few months and will takes months for common bugs to be fixed. Nokia is a joke.

Last edited by x61; 2010-06-08 at 16:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Just hold on a second, all of you "worst thread ever" etc whingers.

Fact is, this community created an area for those of us who are interested to discuss the competition.

As to whether the iPhone 4 is or is not a direct competitor, that's a matter for discussion too.

May I respectfully suggest that those who do not wish to read about phones that are not meamo/meego or made by Nokia should avoid reading threads that appear under "competitor"?

And, more importantly, stop *****ing about it like your life becomes so much worse because somebody posted something off-message about the sodding iPhone.

Jog, if you please, on.

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sir Bourdain, a true voice of the people
I do have one question: do you cook as well as you argue?
So why are you here on a forum specifically about a nokia only OS?

Do you have nothing better to do ? How sad

Im Going for the iPhone 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Nokia knows how to treat their customers then i'll think about Nokia phones

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aldevil For This Useful Post:
the iphone got all of us talking. so there is something to it.

iphone 2g - a color ipod with talk
iphone 3g - a color ipod with talk still crap
iphone 3gs - a phone for ******s with technology outdated
iphone 4 - screw you nokia and screw you meego and meenogo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mymo900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mymo900 View Post
the iphone got all of us talking. so there is something to it.

iphone 2g - a color ipod with talk
iphone 3g - a color ipod with talk still crap
iphone 3gs - a phone for ******s with technology outdated
iphone 4 - screw you nokia and screw you meego and meenogo

I support You!!

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever