Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I've had awful problems with pics looking 'washed out' ever since PR1.2. Did a reflash last night and will test out what I get today. I'm quite cross as I was getting some stunning photos before if there were half decent conditions.

Like this

If the reflash hasn't solved it, I shall have to try blessing my n900. (No Holy water, though!)

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hmm, it seems that this is a great app, but I'm a little suspicious. (Sorry for that.)
  • If it updates the camera firmware, does it change it back when uninstalled?
  • Exactly what does it do with the camera firmware?
  • Does the Camera app receive any benefits of all these stuff?
  • If I don't want HDR (because of the time needed to process it), can I turn it off?

Anyway, why don't you upload it to extras-devel?
It would be much more easy to update it, for all of us.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by neboja View Post
one question for the developer: WHY don't you put your app in extras (extras-testing-devel-whatever) repository????????????????????????
It will be there, soon.

Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
what s the last version?
The version number is the same, 0.1-1

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Hmm, it seems that this is a great app, but I'm a little suspicious. (Sorry for that.)
  • If it updates the camera firmware, does it change it back when uninstalled?
  • Exactly what does it do with the camera firmware?
  • Does the Camera app receive any benefits of all these stuff?
  • If I don't want HDR (because of the time needed to process it), can I turn it off?

Anyway, why don't you upload it to extras-devel?
It would be much more easy to update it, for all of us.
afaik:
1. yes
2. override the "open cam app"-function if blessn900 is open and the cam cover get opened
3. no
4. you can still use the built-in cam app.
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
It will be there, soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Thanks for your answer!

Still, if I, for example, want the quality improvents (eg. blurless technology and improved zoom), why can't I take advantage of them from the "normal" camera app if the camera firmware itself is updated?

Last edited by Venemo; 2010-06-09 at 07:41.

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
is it just me or does the normal one look better? the 5m HDR pic looks all washed out and seems to have lost all of it's colour.
Well, standard camera app does harder sharpening and color adjustment, we will tune BlessN900 to make images looking more saturated. Possibly it will be adjusted by a setting, cause some people may still prefer the picture closer to what comes from the sensor.
In the same time a HDR pic has more details in shadows.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Maybe my hand was a bit more shaky while shooting the HDR image?
The N900 stood on a table. But if you zoom in, you can clearly see, that the original image is sharper (look at the grass and the roof of the pavillion).

Thanks for your answer!

Still, if I, for example, want the quality improvents (eg. blurless technology and improved zoom), why can't I take advantage of them from the "normal" camera app if the camera firmware itself is updated?
This is because the special readout mode, added to the firmware, is useless without further post-processing, which is performed in BlessN900. So even if there was a way to "tell" standard camera app to use that mode, it could not benefit from it...

[*]If it updates the camera firmware, does it change it back when uninstalled?
Yes.

[*]Exactly what does it do with the camera firmware?
It adds a special sensor readout mode, I'm not sure how to explain this mode in brief, sorry

[*]Does the Camera app receive any benefits of all these stuff?
No.

[*]If I don't want HDR (because of the time needed to process it), can I turn it off?
There are 3 modes - blurless (for taking sharp, low-noise pics in low light), x2 zoom (high quality zoom) and HDR. So if you use either of Blurless or x2 Zoom, there is no HDR processing.

...well, I gave it a try- it replaced the native photo shooting program with a pretty slick gui. It crashed a few times; I got it to take a couple of awesome detail pictures, then some dud pictures...anti blur and 2x zoom modes crashed it, and I couldn't take pictures using the native photo shooting program....
So I uninstalled and rebooted...the native photo shooting seems restored intact.

dcarter

The Following User Says Thank You to dcarter For This Useful Post: