Is there any way to disable the fact that a long press opens up the settings mode to move the widgets and shortcuts around the screen as occasionally i put it in my pocket and they all move around and change places and its doing my head in.

Any way to lock?

The Following User Says Thank You to b15cu1t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
I don't know but I have the same problem!

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Try the screen lock before you put it in the pocket. Thats why there is an screen lock

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Try the screen lock before you put it in the pocket. Thats why there is an screen lock
Yeah, I do use that but it doesn't seem to stop this problem appearing intermittently. Sometimes I unlock and they've moved. Must admit i cant remember now if i had the problem prior to pr1.2 so maybe this is a bug?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
hmm.. try to reproduce it. If you do this with the screen closed it is a bug. But i am pretty sure it is not. My screen is dead while closed.

Originally Posted by b15cu1t View Post
Yeah, I do use that but it doesn't seem to stop this problem appearing intermittently. Sometimes I unlock and they've moved.
Control question:

Do you have a phone case with a magnetic lock, in example one like this one?

If so, the magnet will disable your screen lock. And it will keep the screen on, burning battery. Edit: that's a bad thing. This is not a suggestion to prevent moving icons, it's an possible explanation for some people why the screen lock is turning itself off.

As to your original question:
I have disabled automatic lock because, well, I have found the concept to be a Pain In The. Especially when reading eBooks etc. So more times than not, my phone will be lying on the desk, NOT locked. When I grab it, I will usually not pause to lock the phone. This is a rather common use case.

I have wanted exactly the feature you ask for. I think it's a bit too easy to get into edit mode, even when I'm using it. I'd want to lock it.

Last edited by volt; 2010-06-09 at 12:38.

Ummmmmm..... Just pointing out the obvious but dont wear such tight pants. See if it works

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I too would like a option to disable screen edit, or have it password protected or such like, maybe in Tweakr type application.

Of course I am prepared for 20 smart arsed answers before someone offers some genuine nuget of useful information.

Why not try using Desktop activity ... it will save your desktop layout , and also let you make many of desktop layouts for ( holiday or car or whatever)

It is in Extra

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahmoda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Control question:

Do you have a phone case with a magnetic lock
No it is not......

Will play around and determine if it is a bug or if maybe the lock switch is snagging and unlocking/locking the phone in my pocket.

Last edited by b15cu1t; 2010-06-09 at 13:06.